8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased my 08 Si last month and was given a 12 month, 12000 mile warranty along with signed documents promising free oil changes for a year. The dealership was having legal trouble that I was not aware of prior to buying my car and as of last week they have moved everything off of the lot and a for sale sign is up.

Am I screwed on my warranty or can I do something? I'm not really concerned about the oil changes as that's not a big deal but the warranty aspect of it worries me in case something were to go wrong.

Any tips guys?

Thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Weird.

But as long as it states the warranty on those signed documents then you should be able to fight for the warranty if something was to go wrong with your Si.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I assumed that they moved to a different location. But if that is not the case, you don't have warranty anymore. Unless you got a Honda Certified Pre-owned warranty. That warranty works at any Honda dealership.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, they were apparently selling vehicles mislabeled prior to me buying mine. Making cars seem like a higher end model than they actually are. Obviously I looked over mine before buying and know what I got so I was not worried with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was it a dealership warranty or an extended warranty through Honda? I know that with our dealership, the extended warranty is not through our company but through a third party. Look at your papers and see if it says anything along those lines. As far as the oil changes, I think your sol in that

·
Registered
273 Posts
The warranty was through a third party, there is no way a dealer would warrant such an old car. MY 2 cents, cancel the warranty, it's worthless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts