8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Prepare for an airing of grievances! If you don't like reading, here's the summary: Showcase Honda's Service Dept & Collision Center suck. I'll be driving out of my way to take it somewhere else from now on.

They suck because i've taken my car in at least 9 times for the same chain of problems, and it's effing ridiculous. This doesn't include additional "diagnosis" trips, or trips for unrelated problems. Read below and FEEL MY PAIN.

svc: driver's door trim has unexplained "waxy" flaking (diagnose, order part.)
svc: door trim flaking (part arrived, replace.)
svc: door not reassembled correctly, plastic tabs are sticking out. (they try to pry it closed with a screwdriver, fail, tell me to come back later.)
svc: door not reassembled, marred. (they reassemble it. still marred.)
col: accident- repair rl bumper, rl tire, rl struts, dd airbags, headliner, seatbelt, d seat. (i get my car back, 30 days after the accident)
col: dome lights dont work, wheels not aligned, dd trim and d seat back popping loose, oil fingerprints everywhere (they fix the dome lights & alignment)
col: dd trim and seat back still popping loose (they try to push it back in place) (gave up on fingerprints, waiting to have it detailed)

last week i scheduled appointment for today and took off work to ensure it all got done:
svc: driver's door still marred (they said they had parts, but didnt. still marred.)
col: dd trim and seat back still popping loose (they didn't order any parts, insurance companies are closed, so they try to satisfy me by supergluing the trim together, looks even more like **** now, ignored seat back.)

keep in mind that this chain of events starts with me buying the car. i've never had a driver's door that looks brand new. all of this work is warranty or insurance work, but every time i take it in they screw something up. superglue and screwdrivers aren't acceptable on a brand new car. a service tech even called it "ghetto."

i left a voicemail with the service manager today, but at this point i want to give up and fork over the hundreds of dollars to replace the door trim and seat back myself. their quality control is so screwed that i hardly trust them to do an oil change anymore. i understand the insurance process and logistics of ordering parts, and that's why i've let this go on for so long.

anyway, if anyone has suggestions or wants to share, feel free-- i feel better now that it's all typed out.

Edit: constructive criticism-- possibly reduce # of trips by ordering parts without bringing the car in. improve satisfaction by ensuring only qualified techs repair parts, and only release vehicle after it passes quality control. cross-check the service request, at least! give the customer a loaner vehicle if unable to complete warranty work within a day?? confirm ordering and arrival of parts, and reserve them for the customer who ordered. actually call customer when parts arrive. communicate with customer alternative options, and don't do half-ass work when it won't be appreciated?!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I go to Tempe Honda, HELL I even stopped going to Chapman Dodge with my truck because they tell me my transmission is fine when its not... correctively Tempe Honda fixed a dodge flawlessly. Have had no problems with my car either. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I took my car into Santan this morning and had a great experience. But then again its only been one time too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm going to Tempe Honda once I get rid of these guys.

The manager still hasn't called me back, I want to see his face when I show him all the scuff marks, dirty fingerprints, and chipped/marred/ghetto-rigged stuff they've done to my "new" car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts