8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I went to the closest dealer(not where I bought the car) to my house to get some issues taken care of with my civic and I was kind of dissatisfied with the service I received. The dealer I went to was Nardy Honda in Saint. James, Ny and the dealer I have used in the past is Huntington Honda in Huntington, Ny

1. The rubber mats had hole in them(front 2) because of the machine a car wash uses that I went to a few times.
2. The muffler putter.(I don't know if it is normal but I wanted to see another 08 with the service adviser and listen to the exhaust system). Can someone who has an 08 EX check this for me. It's a putter from the muffler while the car is started and in park.
3. The 2 front windows rattle when slightly open while going over bumps/ potholes. Can someone else with an 8th gen check this for me?

The part that really bothered me is that he wanted me to pay a $90 "diagnostic fee" to diagnose a warranty issue and then that $90 would be put toward the repair. I got him to "diagnose" the holes in the mats for free but he would not budge on the other 2 problems. I got my rubber mats replaced but I am kind of dissatisfied with my service especially since I was standing there with a $50 bill. With the car dealers I have dealt with in the past a little bit of grease went a long way. It did not seem to motivate this guy at all.

Is it normal for a dealer to charge this diagnostic fee on a warranty issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also wanted to add the emails between me and the lady from the dealer. This is not the lady I worked with I worked with a man. This woman left a message on my machine when I was not home and sent me an email asking me if I was happy with my experience at Nardy.

She sent me this email:

Good morning Mr. **Smith**, I am contacting you in reference to your recent service visit here at Nardy Honda with your Honda Civic. I want to also let you know that American Honda may send you a survey via mail or email, in reference to your service visit. The survey is a 3-4 page report card based on your experience with the dealership at time of service visit. We would greatly appreciate if you could take a moment to answer the survey on our behalf. If you have any questions, I am here Monday-Friday from 7:30AM-4:30PM. Please feel free to call or email me. Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you at your next service visit.

I replied with this:

Hello Katlyn,

I was extremely satisfied with the service that I did end up receiving. I asked my service adviser to attempt to fix 3 issues with my civic.

1. The mats had holes in them(they were replaced)
2. The muffler putters
3. The front 2 windows rattle driving at any speed over small bumps

The only problem that was resolved was the mats. For the other 2 problems the service adviser wanted me to pay a $90 diagnostic fee which would then be applied to the repair. The reason why I chose not to have the other 2 problems fixed is because I am under Honda warranty and I should not have to pay anything out of pocket. For this reason I do not think I will be retuning to Nardy Honda. I already had a bad experience with a car (my father-in-laws name) bought and serviced a Nardy. This time I decided to give your dealership another chance and it did not go to well.

If you can address the issue of this diagnositic fee I am willing to be a Nardy customer again, if not thanks for the e-mail.

Thank You,
Nick **Smith**

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They had some type of machine(out of my view) and from the marks on the mats it looks like it had some shitty rollers on it and they made all marks and a hole in the mat.

I'll attach a pic

You can kind of see what I am talking about in that pic.

Is it worth a call to American Honda? I shouldn't have to drive 30 miles to get warranty service with out paying for it.

I didn't get a response from that lady.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.