8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already went to the dealership and put a deposit on a civic si with navi...just have to wait until the dealer can actually order one. we already came to a price on the car, and on that day i completely forgot to ask if there was a dealer prep fee included in that final price. So i went the other day and noticed that every car on the lot has a $475 dealer prep fee.... :rolleyes: thats ridiculous. They actually think cleaning a new car is hard and worth that much money? Remove some plastic, check fluids, vaccuum? Wow what a joke, i just emailed the internet sales manager that im working with to see what we can do about it. I DONT wanna pay it. Question for you civic owners, does it state anywhere on the window sticker that Honda actually covers it...some makers will specifically state this on the sticker and yet the dealer will still try and charge a dealer prep fee when it already states on the sticker that the prep is covered from the factory.

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
So, did you sign the papers already with the fee on it?

Because when I ordered my 06 Si, they were going to charge me a dealership service/prep fee. I told them when I bought my 02 si new I wasn't charged that, and told them it was ridiculous. Before I signed on the dotted line they had to remove that fee. Needless to say, they dropped it.

There is no reason for them to be charging that, other than more money in their pocket ($475.00 worth).

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
fortunatly i bought my 06 si from the company i work for so they waived all those bs fees ie prep fee, transfer fee, and processing fee. but they also said that b/c these cars are in such demand they can charge anything they want for them. I'd say try and fight it, but don't wait too long so you loose your car. Good luck and let us know how everything turns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts