8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 EX with 310k has a broken key fob. Blade broke out of fob. Brought it to dealer to get new key. In the course of programming the new key, they say that the tumblers are jammed. Now neither key works in the ignition. They say they have to charge 3 hours to replace ignition lock. Advice? I have no other car, work in the morning (all my tools are in my 06), 30 miles from home. Dealer closes in 45 minutes.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Sounds like they kinda screwed you. What did you end up doing?

BTW, you can replace the key and just keep the internal guts. It will need to be cut but not programmed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LivU is one of the most fascinating irregular video talk applications. Utilizing astounding and lovable video channels and stickers to make each video visit unwind and fun and to take https://livucoinshack.com/ out the humiliation! LivU is fun and ADDICTIVE due to following incredible and sublime highlights in live talk video.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My 06 EX with 310k has a broken key fob. Blade broke out of fob. Brought it to dealer to get new key. In the course of programming the new key, they say that the tumblers are jammed. Now neither key works in the ignition. They say they have to charge 3 hours to replace ignition lock. Advice? I have no other car, work in the morning (all my tools are in my 06), 30 miles from home. Dealer closes in 45 minutes.
Are you talking about the Key Ignition Assembly? my tumblers wore out not too long ago, and i called a Locksmith to rebuild them for $70..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts