8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the problem. A few months ago i found a fly in my rear passenger side blinker. Now today while i was washing i found one in the rear drivers side. How is it that the taillights are sealed enough to keep out water but not flys. Then once the bastards get in there they die and this is what im left with. Does anyone else have this problem or know the easiest way to get them out?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Might of came from the factory that way. On my ol xB I had a wierd termite looking bug show up outa nowhere. Or it could have came in the little vents around where the lights go in-

Just take an air compressor and blow it out

Good luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
civcracker said:
So heres the problem. A few months ago i found a fly in my rear passenger side blinker. Now today while i was washing i found one in the rear drivers side. How is it that the taillights are sealed enough to keep out water but not flys. Then once the bastards get in there they die and this is what im left with. Does anyone else have this problem or know the easiest way to get them out?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no it didnt come from the factory that way. thats what i thought at first but then when i found the one is the drivers side today i knew its not from factory. It was definately not there the other day cause i had checked when i found the first one. Hey 07civicex, i cant just blow it out. its inside the light assembly between the red part curved lense of the blinker and the clear outer lense of the entire assemby.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
fernando47 said:
take the light off. take off the bulb, and then blow it out. its easy to do
as long as they are not taking on water id say this is ur best bet.still might wanna atleast call honda assholes through email though

Ps. also maybe u could put ur mouth where the bulb goes in completely cover the bulb hole and blow with ur mouth and find where the air is leaking out of the light then seal that area so the flys wont get in anymore

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Another member on here had the same problem your having but he sold his civic along time ago and i forgot his name.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The whole air compressor idea will not work to blow the fly out. Mine is a 4 door and on the 4 door tails there is a seperate "sealed" lil section lined in chrome plastic that outlines the blinker section. For a lack of a better description, the fly is trapped between the red blinker lense and the the clear outer lense that is supposedly sealed by a chrome trim ring leaving an oval shaped area prolly a half inch deep between the 2 lenses. The chrome ring looks to seal all the way around between the 2 lenses. Even if the chrome ring doesnt seal, how does a fly get to where moisture can't? See if you can see in the pic what i'm describing.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
best thread ever, try hooking up a shop vac to the bulb socket hole.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
I have a spider and egg sack in my headlight! and no moisture

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
06blaksi said:
I have a spider and egg sack in my headlight! and no moisture
weird... I thought spiders liked dark places... Lots of light in a headlight.. lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts