8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to the garage to start my car this morning and again...for the third time my battery is dead. This first happened about a month ago, then a couple of weeks ago, then this morning. We have tested everything with a multimeter. Car seems to be charging well, holding good power until the morning when I checked it, and holding stable for around an hour when I left the meter on it with the car off. We also tested the battery. We put a hard draw on it and it tested good. Don't know what to do. Don't really want to mess with taking the car to the dealer. Any one else had this kind of issue?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
take the battery to autozone or checkers or pepboys, they will test the battery for free. also there is a little plastic see-through lense that you can look through. It has a color-key legend to tell you whether or not it is bad. I just had my battery replaced in another car, it held charge well, but the cranking amps wasn't enough to start the car. Brought it to the auto store and sure enough it was bad.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
yeah, definetly get it tested at autozone/advance. chances are somethings not right with your charging system (alternator) and it may even be a bad starter. only way to know for sure is to get it checked out. oh btw, its free lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention that my uncle has his own mechanic shop and is a Authorized Intersate Batteries dealer of 12 years. He has checked that battery and it always tests good. I think it is the aftermarket alarm that is on my car because the battery is only dead after sitting over night. I am thinking that maybe there is something with the alarm that is draining on the battery slowly??

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
when did this whole battery dying thing start happening? after you had the alarm installed? if so, there is drain coming from the installation, meaning electricity is being leaked out to do something it's not supposed to do when the car is off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the alarm installed right after I purchased the car in the beginning of March. The battery issue just began around a month or a month and a half ago. I am thinking something may have messed up in the alarm. Today I used the factory keyless entry system and never activated the alarm. The car has started strong all day. We will see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts