8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I just installed my 9006 35W 5000k HID's from DDM and I'm experiencing a different color bulbs. The one on left headlight has a hint of blue in them and the ones on the right are pure white. Will they eventually be the same color after leaving them on for awhile? Have you encountered this problem anyone??

Another thing is I noticed a buzzing noise when the HID's are on. Is it suppose to be like this?

Finally, the bulbs I have received don't actually fit perfectly into the slot. I tried turning it so that the clips line up. But I just can seem to get them to turn in perfectly, so they aren't very tight in the socket.

Other than that, I like them.. Please help.. much appreciated..

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
1. The humming is a normal characteristic for ballasts. They hum on startup and level off after their startup interval.

2. You will most likely need to exchange your bulbs for new ones. Only Phillip bulbs colour shift. Even if your bulbs do colour shift, their colours won't be the same down the road.

3. If your bulbs don't fit inside the housing properly, use the o-rings from the stock halogen bulbs. That generally solves it 8/10 times. The other times involves hacking away at the base of the bulb to make it fit.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright thanks, I'll try and see if those O-rings will make the bulbs fit better tomorrow.

Also, after leaving my HID's on for awhile, they are the same color now, thankfully. There was probably some kind of coating on them.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Alright thanks, I'll try and see if those O-rings will make the bulbs fit better tomorrow.

Also, after leaving my HID's on for awhile, they are the same color now, thankfully. There was probably some kind of coating on them.
No coating, just the bulbs warming up. I figured you didnt give it enough time because all of my ballasts buzz for about 20 secs then the sound goes away. HIDs are finicky. Some times one of them wont turn on initially and you have to turn them off and then back on. Thats electronics for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts