8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a dcrh (it hasn't arrived yet) and I was thinking I wanted to attach a hfc to it since I'm in Cali. I've searched the forums but I haven't found a definitive answer.

I don't want to have to hack up the exhaust, but I was wondering if it was possible to make it fit by cutting up the DCRH, essentially removing everything after it collects into 1 pipe.

Does anyone know somebody's who's done it? Would it line up properly and be the correct length at all? I was planning on using a RT hfc but if a different cat without the mandrel bends works better that's cool too (and probably cheaper!) Input please! TIA!

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
Its been done before. Your going to take it to an exhaust shop so "if it will fit'' is not an issue. You should of gone shorty header with hfc for easy bolt on and off when necessary.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^I want the longer primaries of the dcrh. I've heard shorty doesn't provide as much gains. I was just worried because there's a bend in the hfc so I was wondering if that would make the dcrh sit wrong and not line up with the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
if you put a high flow cat on the dcrh your gona end up with about the same horsepower as shorty with high flow cat
not true.

but you should have just gone with the vibrant HFC, only like $200 more, and that will be close to what you will pay to buy a high flow cat and and have it installed.

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
no, but that depends entirely on the HFC you put on.. not all HFC are going to be the same 'high flow'

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah trying to figure out how much it's going to cost total. I calculated it out to be 230 for the used dcrh I got. 180 for a RT hfc I want to buy, so that's 410. And then hopefully less than 90 bucks to weld them together for 500. So yeah, about 200 bucks less. Maybe I should shell out the extra money, but I've been trying to do everything on a budget. I've never bought any mod at full price. ja...I'm cheap like that.

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
true. i sometimes worry about not having a cat on my car. i think that when i have some extra money i might sell my DC and get a vibrant with HFC, but im happy for now. the only thing that got me paranoid is i was with my friend in his eclipse and we got pulled over (he only had an exhaust but it was very loud) and the cop asked if he had anything done to the car and he said, just the exhaust sir, so he asked us to pop the hood and then he still didnt believe us, so he went to the back of the car to see if he could smell it.. i

so if a cop pulls that im me, im screwed

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well, already bought the dcrh. Nobody friggin' sells vibrant with hfc (used) so I finally gave in and bought a dcrh. I figure if I get caught with a fix-it ticket I'll probably sell it then or if somebody comes on with a vibrant/hfc I'll jump on it and sell the dcrh.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's not? I'm surprised you guys aren't more freaked then running catless.

I do plan on doing ninja cat though, so worse comes to worse, it'll seem like my cat is broken, not nonexistent.

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
its a huge fine.. something like $1200 + youd have to pay for a referee and to get your car smogged

1 - 20 of 29 Posts