8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive been doing some research on the vibrant header vs the bcrh. I currently own a dcrh which ive had no problems with but maybe i should of done a bit more research before the purchase since i wasnt too happy of the build quality once i opened it up it was 360 bux and i understand that so i wasnt too twisted about it but anyway.. the current thing im running into is i have a skunk2 2.75" exhaust.. the outlet on the dcrh is 2" along with the piping looking quite on the thin side.

ive been doing research on the bcrh and reading x's thread saying he lost power but what im thinking is maybe the bcrh is more for supercharger applications since the piping by the engine block is so thick and looses exhaust velocity..

now comes the vibrant race header which the outlet is 2.5" like the bcrh i believe but the piping is a little thinner than the bcrh but still thicker than the dcrh to keep exhaust velocity up.

so guys basically what i want to achieve is a header that is of higher quality than the dcrh thats going to give me some more gains especially since i have the x intake on the way and eventualy plan on going with the comptech supercharger later on. also i dont want to mate a 2" to a 2.75" skunk2 exhaust which seems retarded.. What do you guys think is the catless vibrant header the perfect balance betteen the 2 to see some nice gains?

i hope i wasnt TOO confusing lol.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
im gonna be collecting some data and comparisons of primary and collector sizes for each header just bear with me guys.. so far what i collected is.

T1R Header: Primaries - 45mm...Secondaries - ?.........Collector - 60mm......Stainless Steel ..................$995
Buddy Club: Primaries - 45mm...Secondaries - 50mm...Collector - 60mm......Stainless Steel ..................$780
Vibrant:.......Primaries - ?.........Secondaries - ?.........Collector - 60mm......Stainless Steel...................$600
Dcrh:...........Primaries - 40mm...Secondaries - 45mm...Collector - 50mm.......Mild Steel Ceramic Coated....$360

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just ordered the bcrh. I thought long and hard about the vibrant as well, but in the end i am pretty sure they are both going to put down about the same hp. And they are close enough in price that i decided to go with the name and you have to admit the bcrh looks to be a better made piece of art

Can someone really tell me that if you drove an si with the dc, bcrh, or vibrant you could really tell the different on the buttdyno....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure if u can really tell the difference bro. this is why im trying to figure this stuff out. from research though if found that the bcrh may be better suited for a highly modified si.. by looking at what x has experienced.. who knows though. hes currently got the v2 x intake.. tsx cams bcrh and LSD exhaust and he lost some top end power by switching to the bcrh. so who knows.. what im trying to find out is whats going to be the balance of the 2.. ya know?

in stock form the dcrh may be perfect ya know judging by how thin the piping is once you start adding things like exhaust intake.. etc.. you may max it out though..

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
I just ordered the bcrh. I thought long and hard about the vibrant as well, but in the end i am pretty sure they are both going to put down about the same hp. And they are close enough in price that i decided to go with the name and you have to admit the bcrh looks to be a better made piece of art

Can someone really tell me that if you drove an si with the dc, bcrh, or vibrant you could really tell the different on the buttdyno....
YES my DCRH made a big improvement on the butt dyno

·
Registered
152 Posts
his intake cams and mif was all tuned for the dcrh, and stock exhaust i believe. Its hard to judge by his car. I wouldn't mind having a little mid range though, with added topend.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
his intake cams and mif was all tuned for the dcrh, and stock exhaust i believe. Its hard to judge by his car. I wouldn't mind having a little mid range though, with added topend.
from wut he said tho i believe with the bcrh his air fuel ratios were still in check.. so i dont think it would of made a diff.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
from wut he said tho i believe with the bcrh his air fuel ratios were still in check.. so i dont think it would of made a diff.

yes it would.. plus his DC header was ported ETC , it was not like yours.. I think there were some dyno's of a regualar DC and a BCRH.. I remember the BC making more power...

·
Registered
152 Posts
90% of the performance for a 1/3 of the cost!?

DCRH FTW!!
bought by apc, will be sold at your local pep boys FTL!!! lol. I am all for the dcsports being a great bang for the buck, its just wasn't for me and what i plan on doing in the future. Lets just keep it to the topic.

·
I Beez In The Trap
24,576 Posts

i can tell you about SSR header w/ Vibrant cat back vs. DCRH w/ Magnaflow cat back. neck and neck from 2nd to the top of 3rd. both cars also have intake, and reflash.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
ive seen you say this 2 twice but it is proven that the vibrant and BC headers make more power then DC.
Yes, I believe that the BCRH does make more power than the DCRH but I have never seen proof. Please link me to the proof and either way..

DCRH FTW!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ive wondered this as well and through all my reading there really isnt one that is that much better or that makes noticeably more power so the real difference is stainless or ceramic, cat, no cat and the price

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ive wondered this as well and through all my reading there really isnt one that is that much better or that makes noticeably more power so the real difference is stainless or ceramic, cat, no cat and the price
True, i just plan on keeping my car for a long time. In the past i have settled for cheaper parts and in the long run i wish i had just waited and gotten what i really wanted in the first place. Same power or not BC is a reputable company, and the fact that dcsports is being bought by apc :xyxnervou

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yes, I believe that the BCRH does make more power than the DCRH but I have never seen proof. Please link me to the proof and either way..

DCRH FTW!!
Maybe it is 90% performance, but one thing is for sure: DC is not of 90% quality to the BCRH.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Maybe it is 90% performance, but one thing is for sure: DC is not of 90% quality to the BCRH.
In terms of nice shiny steel and beautiful welds that you will not likely be able to see. Im sure the DCRH will last a long period of time. I bet its even more lightweight.

Dont get me wrong, I aint hating on the BCRH. I too would rather have the BCRH. The price for it is just not reasonable enough for me.

IMO its an additional $500+ for a 5hp gain.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts