8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Install went smooth for the most part. Got caught up trying to get the stocker out from the car and fitting the DCRH back up in there. Took me about 5 hours from start to finish. Mods before were Custom Vibrant catback, RT cat, Spacer/IMG, and now I have the DCRH in place of the RT cat/stock header. MAN does this thing pull so much harder. I love it! It got just a tiny bit louder and a bit deeper as well. It really woke the car up in the upper RPM's. This thing just keeps pulling when you get into 4th, which is where it seemed to slow down a bit before. Love this thing so far. Got the CEL after about 60 miles since I'm waiting on my defouler still. All in all, best mod for the price.

Also big kudos to Corsport for another great transaction. They told me it would be coming out of their East side warehouse on Wednesday and informed them that I was disappointed I didn't order earlier in the week to get it before the weekend. Tai emailed me back and upgraded my shipping for free! Sure enough, there it was at my office on Friday afternoon. I can't say enough good things about Remy and Tai over there. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
5 hours?!?!? uhh hope it wont take that long on a lift..

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no not at all..I was up on ramps and I think the biggest thing that slowed me down was lack of space and me not used to being under a car for so long. Not much experience and the DCRH was a pain to try and get up there since the end of it (that connects to the catback) kept hitting the ground any time I would try and point it upwards. Lift would make it 10x easier.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Hey man, was it really THAT much of a gain over the RT cat?

I'm thinking about losing the HFC and getting a RH but I wont wanna dump the cash unless its a big difference.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To tell you the truth I didn't notice much with the RT. I had it first with the stock exhaust, but then I got a catback so it could have added more gains at the time of the catback. But man it just pulls now. Before I had to turn VSA off get a decent wheelspin, but now I can spin the tires more with VSA on than before with VSA off. VTEC in first gear is over in like .00001 seconds. It just revs up so much faster it seems and doesn't want to die down. Out of all my mods so far, this is by far the best. I will probably have sound clips up later this afternoon.

After looking at the stock shorty, it looks like there is just a huge bottleneck where it meets with the cat.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I'm still thinking about replacing the exit section of the RT with a 2.5" piece and getting the comptech shorty...I just wanna stay legal..ish :p

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha I know what you mean. I think it works well for the legal setup. Like you said though, I think the exit diameter might be a bottleneck. Did you think about the AJP RT cat? I think theirs is 3" to 2.5". Are the Comptech's available at the moment?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I thought the AJP was 3" all the way through...that's why I went with a regular one, I wanna stay 2.5 and keep my torque :p

I'm not sure about the comptechs, but I wouldn't be getting it till spring time anyway. I think I'm gonna keep my cat and hog the exit to 2.5" when i get my catback in a week or two. I'll let you know how i goes.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Working for me so far. I think I'm going to get hooked up with X's intake next. You're not modded at all now Excaliber?

K20 what exhaust are you getting?

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
ibanez37 said:
Working for me so far. I think I'm going to get hooked up with X's intake next. You're not modded at all now Excaliber?

K20 what exhaust are you getting?
I got the comptech exhaust now and am on the way to getting the rest of the puzzle.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I'm getting the Turbo-Mafia exhaust :D 2.5" 1 resonator and WS/SP style can - should ship this week!

I think I'm gonna try to expand and port the exit pipe of the RT cat (then, if/when i ruin it: cut it off and weld a 2.5" piece in) and port the stock shorty header's divider until i get my hands on a comptech piece.

We'll see how it all goes.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like a good idea actually. The divider bothered me when I took off my shorty :D I'd love to hear clips when you get them. I was thinking about getting the worldsport before I picked up the Vibrant.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
silver h22 said:
does this void warrantee? every person at my dealer keeps saying something different everytime i ask.

Anytime you replace a part it voids the original parts warranty. In other words his exhaust warranty etc.. Anytime something happens to the car the dealership usually has to prove the part you added caused the problem. That said you are supposed to have a cat on the car, and with this mod you don't.

To answer your question yes and no.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anubis said:
Anytime you replace a part it voids the original parts warranty. In other words his exhaust warranty etc.. Anytime something happens to the car the dealership usually has to prove the part you added caused the problem. That said you are supposed to have a cat on the car, and with this mod you don't.

To answer your question yes and no.
Summed it up nice. Gunna depend on how **** your dealer is too. That's usually a big factor :D

·
Banned
339 Posts
ibanez37 said:
Summed it up nice. Gunna depend on how **** your dealer is too. That's usually a big factor :D
yea I can imagine. All the dealer would realistically have to say is that your exhaust is more freely flowing then stock-making a change in backpressure and then ur whole engine isn't covered as this could explain leaks, failures, etc.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts