8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the DC race headers lined up for my Si pretty soon along with the Evo2 exhaust. Now I live in PA, and i was wondering if anyone has this setup and if they're having any problems with inspections and smog tests.

If this is in the wrong spot, my b. I rarely post as you can see.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i ran the dc for a year and a half. its a great header. i think the strup is a little cheaper plus its ss so i would get that. unless you can find a dc for cheap they should be about the same. people just like to hate on the dc for some reason. The ss strup should hold up long term better tho. get whats cheapest if you are just going to do the basic i/h/e.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
They just rust so easy, but good header, i have my vibrant header for like 2 years now, still look new.
they get what i call the dc age spots. its rust but its just the top layer. the metal is thick so its not like you are going to have a hole in it. the b series guys have been using the dc for years and years and never had a problem. Plus you cant see our header. The cheapest header will net you good gains. only look at the other headers if you plan to go above the basic bolt-ons.

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
if you live where it snows and there is salt thrown down do not get the DC header had mine on for one winter took it off and it began to rust in areas where the ceramic had worn off. (easy Fix i am sure) but i got rid of it and am running the R/T cat and shorty header

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'll consider it. how much we looking at pricewise and how are the powergains with Strup?
The site i look at for the headers is procivic.com and they have it listed at like 378 or something like that.

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
^^ you can get strup From our site sponser Corsport and you are looking at identical gains as the DC header But strup will be much more reliable in the long run than the DC sport (considering AEM doesnt make DC anymore APC does)

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i just sold my used dc for 220 bucks. just look for a used strup or dc on here. save some money.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I love my vibrant piece. As far as emissions go you should check with a local shop. My car has to pass visual and obdII requirements so I have to have a CAT in place. So that is why I went with a Vibrant HFC Header.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats another thing i'm taking into consideration, i want to be able to pass inspection without having to take out my headers and put the stock back on. i juts don't have the patience to do that everytime for inspection. hopefully the Strup has the cat on the setup too

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
^^ its is catless as well if you wanna pass inspection do like i did and Buy a R/T high flow cat with a Shorty Header or get the Vibrant Header with High flow cat. Those are going to be higher priced options but you will be in complaince with the Emissions laws

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.