8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a dcrh, what to I need to install it? Do I need a new gasket to go between header and catback? I've been told I need to wrap some things with heat resistant tape, what do I need to wrap, and what kind of tape is it? I want to put a catalytic converter on the header. Can one be welded directly on the header? Can the header be installed without the flexpipe, because there doesn't appear to be enough space to fit a cat? Where is the best place to buy a freeflow cat, the best i've found is 70 for a vibrant cat. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Main reason is emissions, and also I do care some about the enviroment. I should still get some gain by using a freeflow cat.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, but will I run into any problems by not using a flexpipe? And does anyone know about the tape or gaskets? Thanks

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I bought the BCRH because of previous issues DC had with the flexpipe on their RH's on the EP3 & DC5. I doubt you will have any problems not running a flexpipe.

What tape? The gasket that is probably being mentioned is the three hole catalytic exhaust flange gasket.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The person who gave me the header told me that you have to wrap some of your wiring thats near the header with heat resistant tape, because when you install the header you have to remove the factory heat shield.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
you might see some gains if you add a cat. get the non fouler to get rid of the check engine light and find you a place to hook you up on your inspections forget about adding a cat. and it might still be possible to crack your header without a flex pipe

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
The person who gave me the header told me that you have to wrap some of your wiring thats near the header with heat resistant tape, because when you install the header you have to remove the factory heat shield.
I've had RH's on my last two Si's without issues with the wiring. I guess if you want to then go ahead but I didn't add any additional heat wrapping.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
I think your wrong man. :xyxnervou

Adding a catalyst restricts you from more flow, which doesnt allow you to gain much power over a non-cat.
thats what i was saying if he puts a high flow cat on with the header he will still get a gain but nothing like it would be without a cat at all!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SpeedDemon, I searched, where is the thread about adding a cat to dcrh, and which one and size to buy?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Hey did u ever find out what size hfc did u need for the DCRH? And not having DC sports crappy flexpipe is butter, my 03' Accord's DC Sports flexpipe cracked in 3 months, so I had my local exhaust shop weld in a straight pipe had no problems. Honda does a great job with giving the exhaust system room to move back and forth. Also, if California's emission are some of the strictist in America and they need at least a 400 cell cat... I should be able to pass TN's emission with a 300 cell right?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for info, would that size cat with the dcrh, and is a hfc efficient enough to pass emissions? Thanks

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i just picked up a dcrh for $125 and i pulled my tape out to measure the pipe and it said that the od of the pipe was a solid 2in right after the flex and the id of the pipe was 1 7/8 what the heck?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What size cat should I get, the collector is a little under 2 inches, so should I get a 2" cat or should I get a 2.25" and replace the piping and flange after the cat so it exits at 2.25"? Thanks for the help. I figure the dcrh should be higher flow than stock, and a high flow cat should flow better than stock, so I am thinking should see some gains.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts