8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what do you have to do to get these things in your car? i see a lot of people have them in their 8th gens. what rails do you use? where do you hook the bottom part of your seatbelt to? how you deal with the airbag/SRS issue?

can anybody link me to a DIY or another thread that explains all this?

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
1. I used the Recaro slider and a Wedge Engineering bracket and that is all you need for that seat.
2. There is a spot on the seat near the recliner mechanism where you can bolt the seat belt to, when you look for what I am talking about you will know.
3. There are some places that sell the resistor, but I didn't bother because I didn't want to tamper with that kind of stuff, plus, the airbag light didn't bug me.

That's pretty all you need to know. There aren't any clearance issues with the seat, only thing I can remember is the bottom of the seat belt buckle slightly touches the center console. Feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. I used the Recaro slider and a Wedge Engineering bracket and that is all you need for that seat.
2. There is a spot on the seat near the recliner mechanism where you can bolt the seat belt to, when you look for what I am talking about you will know.
3. There are some places that sell the resistor, but I didn't bother because I didn't want to tamper with that kind of stuff, plus, the airbag light didn't bug me.

That's pretty all you need to know. There aren't any clearance issues with the seat, only thing I can remember is the bottom of the seat belt buckle slightly touches the center console. Feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions.
thanks for the response! now the question is, with the SRS light on, will the airbags still work properly in a crash. i see mixed reviews everywhere and cant find a SOLID answer

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Yes, all airbags will work correctly EXCEPT for the one you disconnected..which would be the seat airbag.

·
Registered
7 Posts
sorry to bring this thread back up from the dead guys. been searching around for the resistor mod to get the SRS light to go away. So what exactly would I have to do and where/what type of resistor do I need to get the light to go away?

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
remove a seat and crash your car then lmaooo
i kid
but seriously
i wouldnt even risk it.
so ijust reupholstered my seats lol

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
All jokes aside, I would like to see proof of all airbags being disabled because of an SRS light. I only see people talk about it, not actual evidence/proof.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Someone local got into an accident and his front airbags went off when he had aftermarket seats. :umad:
and he have a resistor?
and we are talking about an 8th gen civic here correct?

All jokes aside, I would like to see proof of all airbags being disabled because of an SRS light. I only see people talk about it, not actual evidence/proof.
maybe call and ask, as where i originally read it, if i recal, somebody called and asked.
maybe you should attempt to crack the "myth" once and for all and we can make a big a$$ sticky faq so people stop making seat threads and the facts are right there

heres the number
1-800-999-1009

and if you wanna send a letter

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Mail Stop: 500 - 2N - 7D
Torrance, CA 90501-2746
:badger:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
and he have a resistor?
and we are talking about an 8th gen civic here correct?
He did not use a resistor, and yes, I am talking about 8th gen civic or I would have not bothered replying.

maybe call and ask, as where i originally read it, if i recal, somebody called and asked.
maybe you should attempt to crack the "myth" once and for all and we can make a big a$$ sticky faq so people stop making seat threads and the facts are right there

heres the number
1-800-999-1009

and if you wanna send a letter

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Mail Stop: 500 - 2N - 7D
Torrance, CA 90501-2746
:badger:
Why would I need to "crack" the myth if said people have already told all of us that airbags would work even if the SRS light is on? Some people are just hard headed and will only believe what they see or hear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So even though all the airbags will work, how does the resistor method work exaclty? Anyone have a link on how to accomplish this?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've yet to come across someone whos actually explained exactly what needs to be done in order to get the airbag light off...everyone says resistors should wrk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts