8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can answer me but why does dc sport offer a axle back, and they offer a cat-back but for the cat back to work you need a dc sport race header? is there anyway to get around the race header? i always get a check engine light when i installed a race header on my ep3 and i hated that damn light. or is there a way to bypass the check engine light with the headers hopefully someone will have the answer to my questions.

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
As far as the cel for the ep3, to avoid getting a cel you have to purchase a Casper's o2 sim (PN 104053). I don't really know if the same applies to the Fg. I'll look into it further and get back to you. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Exactly what 2fast4u2 said, a caspor 02 sim. In terms of offering an axle back, DC only has the full catback that has to work with the header. It will throw a CEL but the casper sim on the motor should solve that (k20z3)

Eddie

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
casper 02 sim? i had one of those home made sim from the spark plug fouler **** on my ep3 and it never worked is the casper like that? if not where could i get one? i do hope other companies make exhaust for it soon i miss my skunk2 exhaust also i miss my injen intake i hope they hurry.

·
Registered
201 Posts
race pack

I believe that the setup gets rid of your cat. By doing this you can have the local shop, cut and weld it in. Or in true bolt on fashion, get the matching headers and open the wallet. Be prepared to see some black smoke from time to time, w/o the cat.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
depending on how the ecu is on the civic, the o2 sims may be to slow to fool the ecu if its similar to that of the RSX

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just added a DC Sports axle back to my 07 Si sedan. It is the only mod I have done so far and my CEL went on less than a week after. Is there any way that the two could be related? Doesn't seem like it but I'm kinda buggin that my car with less than 800 miles has a check engine light on. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
^^^ lol...yeah i found the thread in a search...never even looked at the dates til u mentioned it...hahaha

well the light was off when I started my car yesterday mornin...strange...now I'm not sure what the deal is but I don't think it was this gas cap thing that I've heard about...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts