8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if this is a repost but I figured I share the knowledge. Reading thru my latest super Street magazine, they had an article on the 09 Si sedan. It was on DC Sports. They had a Dc sport race header and exhaust which we all know about. I noticed in the engine bay a dc sports intake. I searched and found this. I figured I show everyone. Just another option for under 200.00dollars. Short ram similar to injen or aem but slightly cocked. Looks to angle the filter downwards.

DC SPORTS SHORT RAM INTAKE: CIVIC SI 06-09-Options Auto Salon

·
stabn with a purple knife
4,552 Posts
i read that mag and it those dc parts seemed and looked much better than the ones i have seen and heard about

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AEM owns DC
Yes i think this was true a couple years ago. But now i think there seperate compaines. Its different than my aem as the aem is str8 filter position and the dc cocks downward. And to the guy that said the parts look better than what we seen. I totally agree, the header and exhaust looked fresh and like good quality.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
^I think you're right. I know they use to be the same but I just went to their sites and they appear to be seperate. Both have different headquarters addresses. Interesting.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yeah it was a pretty nice lookin intake. I too wonder if its carb legal.

and yea, idk if those header and exhaust are the same ones we can buy, they look real putty

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Saw this in Super Street and was wondering about it. They claimed 44 hp with their intake, race header, exhaust, Hondata intake manifold gasket and flashpro. Pretty impressive numbers

·
Registered
37 Posts
The claim for the DCSports Short RAM:

"DC Sport Air Intake Systems provide the best of both worlds in heat protection and improved breathability. Every kit includes an air filter that requires no oil, therefore no chance in contaminating the mass air flow sensor which can result in loss of power and higher fuel consumption"

Has anyone been able to verify if/how they are providing heat protection for their short RAM?

DC Sports Short Ram Intake System - Import DPS Online - Your Import and Sport Compact Performance Source - Free Shipping on all orders over $50
DC SPORTS SHORT RAM INTAKE: CIVIC SI 06-09-Options Auto Salon

·
Registered
484 Posts
i actually have this short ram intake it isn't to bad I pulled 213 whp with this intake plm header full race 3 inch and 600cc injectors and 320 fuel pump and k tuned fuel rail and tune from my local tuner stickerguy tune I got a pic of the intake don't mind my engine bay kinda dirty lol needa make some time to clean it up under there lol

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
i haven't had any issues but if u want something cheap with a good sound and power go with dcsport if u want max power go with a 3.5 inch intake im going with skunk2 I want more power lol but for the money and wat I used it for it was worth it got me were im at today

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm disabled but I can still drive an automatic. I just got a 2008 honda civic ex sedan yesterday and my dad installed my dc sports intake just as the youtube install videos suggested. The problem is that I now have the engine check light on. Do you guys what could be the fix for this? Perhaps a faulty connection in the install? Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm disabled but I can still drive an automatic. I just got a 2008 honda civic ex sedan yesterday and my dad installed my dc sports intake just as the youtube install videos suggested. The problem is that I now have the engine check light on. Do you guys what could be the fix for this? Perhaps a faulty connection in the install? Any suggestions?
Can you have the code scanned? That would be helpful. It may be a MAF code. perhaps the MAF got damaged or the readings are off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts