8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
they are... also the same for the rsx-s...

also they are awsome... the race headers i prisume?, look into a sparkplug de-fouler for the second o2 sensor, this gets rid of the CEL that you WILL get...

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
P.S.... drop the engine sub frame...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
the defouler is a part that is used to space your O2 sensor away from the flow of exhaust to trick the sensor to think there is still a cat there. without it you will get a CEL and some peoepl get the CEL even with the defouler. more info on this can be found easily if you search.

the install takes most people about 3 hours. but if your very new at modding and might not have all the correct toosl, it will take longer.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
$300 at a shop, if you know someone with a hoist or a pit, its 100000X easyer then jack stands...

While at work and constantly being interupted my mechanics and customers managed to do it in 3 hours but i have a Pit at work that i used, also find someone with a ingersol 3/8 impact gun(1000ft/lb) its small enough to fit between the firewall and the header...

I put the de-fouler on my car 6 months after the exhaust and it felt like somethoing was missing... i missed the little orange light, it was with me since the car was new... and since the CEL has not come back yet, not once...

All it is is a fitting that has the same threads on the outside as the inside, one fuitting fits inside the other and that screws into the header and the o2 sensor into that, but there is more to it, there was a AWSOME step by step on here, its what attracted me to the site.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
portabuddy said:
$300 at a shop, if you know someone with a hoist or a pit, its 100000X easyer then jack stands...

While at work and constantly being interupted my mechanics and customers managed to do it in 3 hours but i have a Pit at work that i used, also find someone with a ingersol 3/8 impact gun(1000ft/lb) its small enough to fit between the firewall and the header...

I put the de-fouler on my car 6 months after the exhaust and it felt like somethoing was missing... i missed the little orange light, it was with me since the car was new... and since the CEL has not come back yet, not once...

All it is is a fitting that has the same threads on the outside as the inside, one fuitting fits inside the other and that screws into the header and the o2 sensor into that, but there is more to it, there was a AWSOME step by step on here, its what attracted me to the site.
lol, it should not cost $300 to install at a shop. Superior Racing Development in Tempe, AZ quoted me $80 to install. You are crazy to pay more than $150 to have this header put on. They are direct bolt on.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Common i was guessing, i do all my own work on company time, i got paid to put my headers and exhaust on... what the hell do i know what it costs?, all i know is what we charge truckers, and they for the most part get ripped off...

·
Registered
622 Posts
wait so the dcrh from an rsx-s will fit on our si's with no problem? ive always wanted to know this after i saw how dink the piping was on our dc's.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I don't know about the DCRH from the RSX-S fitting on the FA or FG but the BCRH I have is 8th gen Civic specific.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey I just got my dc header, I thought it is chromed, also does it have to come with any gaskets or anything? or bolts?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts