8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think about the Drive by wire throttle for FG2? I know that most sports cars today have them, like the Sti and M3. But I still have a difficult time with the DBW. For instance, when driving in 4th/5th gear at 35 mph (the max speed limit on normal streets over here), I usually let go of the gas pedal instead of braking when someone in front of me turns or brakes or whatever. As soon as I let go of the gas the car jerks, and then the engine starts to wind down. In traffic, the jerking behavior is very annoying. I usually have to press the clutch a little bit when letting go of the gas to avoid that jerking motion. I'm wondering how that will affect AutoX races, in which letting go of the gas is better than fully braking at turns. Does anyone have the same problem with their Si? I realize there will be programming solutions in the future but until then, any suggestions on what I can do?

·
Registered
730 Posts
well i dont know if this is what your looking for but i read that hondata and aem are trying to "break" the TBW and get rid of the rpm "shelfing". i have an si and i do have to clutch in a bit more often then i like. as too what you can do till then i dont think we have any options untill such a time when you can re-flash. sorry

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just realized that feature tonight. Or experienced it.. See what you mean. It is neat, but then again it has its downfalls.. That doesn't burn up/mess up the clutch at all?

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
smoke7Si said:
What does everyone think about the Drive by wire throttle for FG2? I know that most sports cars today have them, like the Sti and M3. But I still have a difficult time with the DBW. For instance, when driving in 4th/5th gear at 35 mph (the max speed limit on normal streets over here), I usually let go of the gas pedal instead of braking when someone in front of me turns or brakes or whatever. As soon as I let go of the gas the car jerks, and then the engine starts to wind down. In traffic, the jerking behavior is very annoying. I usually have to press the clutch a little bit when letting go of the gas to avoid that jerking motion. I'm wondering how that will affect AutoX races, in which letting go of the gas is better than fully braking at turns. Does anyone have the same problem with their Si? I realize there will be programming solutions in the future but until then, any suggestions on what I can do?
If you time it right, you can actually hold the revs through the turn. The rev hold only lasts for like 2 seconds, but depending on the dynamics of the turn, it can either hurt you or help you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
smoke7Si said:
It's WAY better than the TBW on the X-Runner I just traded in.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Ive noticed it too, but normally the jerking is worse in 1st and 2nd, other then that, im okay with it, cause im use to it now.:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts