8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I am trying to find the thread about a company in Missouri that is usiing two ECU's with a throttle cable to make K-Pro work with the K20Z3 motor.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I am trying to find the thread about a company in Missouri that is usiing two ECU's with a throttle cable to make K-Pro work with the K20Z3 motor.
I found this on another site about using two ECU's in order to get K-Pro to work. It also talks about the pedal differences between the Si and RSX. Sounds like you'd need to modify the pedal assembly to get a throttle cable to work.

"Hondata, I am trying to broden my knowledge of how the factory ecu's work. Of most interest to me is the protocal's used and what functions are processed through the multiplexer. Any links to this information would be greatly appreciated.

I have been told that to run K-Pro (for say a K20A2 swap) in an 06+ Si two ecus would need to be used. The reason for this is because the the guage cluster will not function without the factory ecu (vss). Is this still the case if the user used an 02-04 AP2/aftermarket guage cluster, and used a throttle cable. All sensors for the engine would match the ecu, and the appropriate VSS would feed the cluster. Any insight to this particular situation is appreciated." - signalpuke

"The RSX ECU runs the water temp, charge light via the multiplex. The Civic Si runs the whole dash via multiplex. It doesn't really matter what the exact protocol is except that they are vastly different, and therefore are not interchangeable.

To use a RSX ECU in an 06 Si you would need to swap over the engine harness, body harness, dash harness, dash & cluster, throttle body, throttle pedal assembly, plus some other functions will never work, like the AC, cruise control. Also the throttle pedal is a plastic device which sits on the floor and the Si has not got any firewall mounts for the RSX style pedal. Anyhow, this is why we don't recommended using the RSX ECU (but it has been done for race cars). " - Hondata

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
You guys better check out my thread in the Bolt On Section about Modified Mag. Hondata just posted that a programmable ECU is their number one priority!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.