8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright heres my actual build thread, with some pics etc...

Currently running:

Injen CAI
Kiddracing Header
Vibrant catback
75 shot of spray

ALL items going in:

new jets for a 35 shot (which according to innovative motorworks is around a 65 shot on spray)
JRSC with 3.2 inch pulley
RC 650cc injectors
PnP clips
Flashpro
glowshift red digital LED boost gauge
BKR9EIX plugs (Innovative told me these are a good idea if im running spray and sc, already running 8 range plugs)
Decals for 100+ extra WHP!!!!!!!

Innovative motorworks will be installing everything and dyno tuning me for the charger and spray at the same time, in early june... appointment is already made. He said I can expect 350WHP+ on spray and around 300 without... im really looking forward to it. in addition to grinding the harness on top of the block, hes also going to crush the FPR, even though it isnt necessary. the guys over there are real nice!

now for pics of the stuff!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

UPDATE *******************************

DYNO SHEET!!!:

Goin the right away and getting a tune right away so ill be all ready for the NE 8th civic meet!:dancing::vtec:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
looks like this is gonna be an awesome setup although I gotta say you should have went with ID's rather than RC's for injectors.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like this is gonna be an awesome setup although I gotta say you should have went with ID's rather than RC's for injectors.
yeah... innovative agreed, but the RCs will work alright. The thing is I bought the RCs like a month ago, but they were out of stock so i had to wait for them to be shipped directly from RC. plus, the tuning and everything was actually 250 out of my budget... hehe had to tap into my savings account!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I've been considering adding nitrous down the road if i buy a supercharger. Its going to be really cool to see what kind of problems you run into and what kind of gains you end up seeing in the end. I wonder would what a 3" with aftercooler and a small shot of nitrous could do on our engine. If I could get to 350hp on a 25-35 shot of nitrous with a 3" pulley I would be perfectly content. Hope you can end up seeing the same!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Very nice setup!

Got some bad news for you though...the month of May is going to dddddrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaggggg along sooooo slooooooooow. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Yep it will. Just like the night before Christmas when you were a kid.. God, I remember those nights.. Trying to do everything to go to sleep so Christmas Day will come quicker, and getting impatient @ 5:30AM and waking up Mom and Dad prematurely.. Lol.

Maybe you should pitch a tent and camp outside of Innovative?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep it will. Just like the night before Christmas when you were a kid.. God, I remember those nights.. Trying to do everything to go to sleep so Christmas Day will come quicker, and getting impatient @ 5:30AM and waking up Mom and Dad prematurely.. Lol.

Maybe you should pitch a tent and camp outside of Innovative?
LOL!!!! what an awesome idea! i shall fail college, quit my job, and desert my friends! a SCed si is def worth it though haha!:dance:

Yes... may will be forever, and i dont wanna wait, but i cant afford it all until then!

derek told me i should see no problems on spray, itll basically act as a chemical intercooler... so it is actually beneficial to the motor. were doing everything possible to make sure it runs perfect!

·
Registered
758 Posts
yeah... innovative agreed, but the RCs will work alright. The thing is I bought the RCs like a month ago, but they were out of stock so i had to wait for them to be shipped directly from RC. plus, the tuning and everything was actually 250 out of my budget... hehe had to tap into my savings account!
Not trying to beat a dead horse with a stick here. But the RC's have been shown to not run well once the FPR is crushed. I had a lot of lean misfire issues with them at idle.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not trying to beat a dead horse with a stick here. But the RC's have been shown to not run well once the FPR is crushed. I had a lot of lean misfire issues with them at idle.
He recommended to crush the FPR... and claimed after the tune itll run fine.... i told him crushing the fpr wasnt necessary but he said it would be good to get it up to 70psi base or something?

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
i can't wait to come back to the states so i can get boosted. it sucks to have to wait, but it will be worth it when i get back. especially when you guys see what i have coming.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts