8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Daves 2006 Atomic Blue Metallic LX 5spd. *updated*

Hey everyone. My name is Dave. I live in California (east bay) and have had my sexy civic for about a year and 4 months. She has about 21,000 miles on her. I am setting up this thread as a history on her. And everyone can see the mods. I will post pics of her from when I started modding. So far the list of mods are as follows:
1.)Tint-one shade up from limo on the rear and rear sides. And the lightest tint you can have in Cali on the driver and passenger.
2.)Si rims- yes it can be done lol and I dont have any spacers. LOL bought the wheels about 3 months before I bought the car. I knew what I wanted lol and they are wrapped in Yokahama mamas lol (thats what my dad calls them) intalled about 1and a half to 2 months after I got the car.
3.)Si exhaust- I bought the whole Si exhaust off a shop that did a cat back on a guys Si so it was just taking up space. I got it for $40.00 but needed to be lengthened some to fit the LX
4.)Progress rear sway bar-it was kinda tight putting it in. Did it while the Si exhaust was being put on and fitted.
5.)Fog lights(oem)-My dad and I and our 1st adventure taking off the front bumper. One of many front bumper removals! lol fit perfect!!
6.)JDM engine cover-was a nice mod. It makes the engine so much cleaner looking!!
7.)Ten S-Techs-OMG this makes the car so dang sexy. Went from a 4x4 to a nice clean drop. Ran around for a couple of weeks before I got the next mod...
8.)SPC rear and front camber kit-straightened out the wheels. Personally I thought the rear camber factory height was off. But who am I to judge lol...
9.)Fujita CAI-This was a nice mod. It sounds like a bunch of angry bees under the hood!! lol This paired with the Si exhaust gets some nice clean HP. Very nice add!!
9.)Cleared headlights-Another sexy mod. Made the car so much cleaner. Very sexy!!
10.)Chrome bulbs-Saw this here on a DIY forum and decided to do it. No more yellowish color through the tal lights. And cant see the bulbs through the headlights.
11.)Skunk2 shift knob-Had to have this. The 20th anniversary weighted shift knob. Fits perfectly in the palm of my hand. And its got the shift pattern in red numbers like an Si would have it!!
12.)Shifter bushings-Very nice improvement over the stock rubber bushings. I accidentally forgot to put the last spring clip (or whatever its called) back in place to hold the cable in and tried to get the car moving and ended up spinning the rpms and smoking the clutch a little. Scared the crap outta me. I thought I fried the clutch. Then realized the clip was sitting on the driveway lol. No problems once I put the spring clip in.
13.)HFP lip kit-Was kinda scared to put this on myself but did it anyway. I faced my fears. lol The side skirts were the hardest. Front took me about an hour and 30 minutes to do. A word to the wise-dont cut your rear bumper like the instructions say for the rear lip. I think the guy was on crack that decided to write those instructions!!
14.)Traded my cleared out headlights for a set of Si headlights!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice color choice. I like what you have done with yours. I also have a LX coupe in atomic blue, but mine is all stock :(

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
woah !!! the rear lip looks so good on atomic blue !! nice ride !!!

ATOMIC BLUE FTW ( ofcourse, other colors FTW as well, don't worry)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Super clean man!

It makes such a big difference to have that nice little lip spoiler rather than what the Si has.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts