8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad to see my car isn't the only one doing this! Called Honda today to see what they would say. Basically the guy told me "honda is aware of the issue and is working on figuring out what the problem is. There isn't a way to fix it now but hopefully you'll be sent a letter or email when it is resolved. "

·
Registered
1 Posts
Date says 1/1/22 even though it's 1/2/22. Time starts at 4:00 every time I start the car. will not let me change it. Just started on 1/2/22. Anybody know what to do?
I’m having the same problem!!! I go to settings, clock, adjust and the time won’t go Past 12!!!! I can’t figure it out

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts
In case anyone has missed it, our clocks will RIGHT themselves, supposedly, in August of 2022. No amount of fidgeting with the clock settings is going to fix the problem, not even a new DVD disk (It's like getting new glasses when you suffer an asthma attack) will help either.

Wow, so much grief over a clock, LOL. Again, if Honda finds a fix, I'll share that info and post (if you find it first, please feel free to share!). Peace out!

Ed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Date says 1/1/22 even though it's 1/2/22. Time starts at 4:00 every time I start the car. will not let me change it. Just started on 1/2/22. Anybody know what to do?
I am having the same issue. As of January 1, 2022 the date and time will show January 1, 2002 and will show 3 o'clock everytime I start it. Which to me is very strange bc I own a 2008 Honda civic SI... The date it shows is a date bfor the car was born. 😂

·
Registered
4 Posts
reply from honda;

Thank you for contacting Honda UK and we hope your day is going fine.
We are sorry to learn about the inconvenience caused related to the clock of your Honda Civic.
Please be kindly advised that we have just received some more information regarding the matter and were advised that the Honda technical department are currently working on the issue.
Once there is a fix for this Honda authorized dealers will be made aware of it and will be able to assist with this at that point.
As such it would be best to check with your local Honda authorized dealer on any updates for this as they would have the latest information for this and will be able to assist once the fix is released. They can also contact the Honda technical department for additional assistance with this if necessary.
You can see the nearest Honda authorized dealers and their contact details by using the link below:
Find your dealer | Dealer Search | Honda UK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone what is happening. This is a software (coding) mistake that is present in the NAV systems that is causing the time/date mistakes. The head-unit (stereo) gets it's time from GPS, you are only able to adjust hour/min (but not necessarily input the actual time) up or down. Even if you have the latest map DVD, it won't help at all.

This is being investigated by Honda and the maker of the units on how to solve this. Good thing (silver lining) is that it effects A LOT of Honda vehicles that are equipped with factory Navigation, so Honda will NOT ignore this. From what I've read, it could be summer time (summer of 2022) until they find a fix. Until then, ignore the time/clock in your cars. It's difficult to do, I know.

I'll keep this and all thread updated on pertinent information.
Follow

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 07 Civic with Navi. I am going to ask Scotty Kilmer to take on this issue. He has a Youtube channel where he regularly goes up against the car companies when he feels like an issue deserves some attention. If anyone can get Honda's attention Scotty can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can add my name to this list too. 2009 Ex. Clock suddenly went an hour ahead in the new year. I drove myself mad trying all the settings, to no avail. I actually have two Civics, a 2007 Ex which hasn't been started up since before Xmas. So sat in that and turned on the ignition and same thing, the clock showing an hour ahead of time! Will just have to wait I guess...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im having the same issue, however, after 1/1/2022, it has stayed on 1/1/2022 and 1:00pm. Clock Adjustment wont work. Wondering if it will correct if I update the GPS?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im having the same issue, however, after 1/1/2022, it has stayed on 1/1/2022 and 1:00pm. Clock Adjustment wont work. Wondering if it will correct if I update the GPS?
No, even if you have the latest database, it still doesn't work. I tried all the diagnostics - no help.

It's a fix that will have to come from Honda.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to have found this thread, but disappointed in Honda’s response. My 2008 Civic Si’s clock currently reads January 1, 2002 3:00 PM every time I start the car. With Navi, no way to adjust the time manually.
:confused:(n)

I have the same year SI and the exact same issue. Exactly the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing!! It’s Jan 1 every day and the 10:00 hour every time I restart my civic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am so glad to have found this thread. I tried adjusting with the plus and minus buttons on my screen, but it keeps resetting every day. Hopefully Honda will address this.
Donna, there IS a way to adjust the time manually, however, you are "adding/subtracting" hours or minutes to the time, not exactly putting in the real time AND it will all erase as soon as you turn the car off......................... come to think of it, yeah, no meaningful way to adjust it............... yeah nevermind what I said....... off to get my morning coffee.

If I find anything, I'll update.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am so glad to have found this thread. I tried adjusting with the plus and minus buttons on my screen, but it keeps resetting every day. Hopefully Honda will address this.
Well, if there is a way, I haven't found it.
Setup - More - Clock - Won't Adjust
Go to Diagnostic Menu, Clock Setup - Won't adjust.
Disconnect battery for 30 minutes, reconnect, try again. Nope.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts