8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2 Posts
Logged into this forum after what seems to be years haha. I'm here to confirm this is a WIDESPREAD issue. Even my 2010 Acura CSX is affected, Honda element, Accord, Odyssey you name it! so were not alone on this one. This forum is somewhat slow/dead so I suggest you guys join the 8th gen civic page on facebook we have ~ 37k members and are actively following this issue by the hour as we get updates.

Good to see the forum is still responsive 😂
Cheers!
Logged into this forum after what seems to be years haha. I'm here to confirm this is a WIDESPREAD issue. Even my 2010 Acura CSX is affected, Honda element, Accord, Odyssey you name it! so were not alone on this one. This forum is somewhat slow/dead so I suggest you guys join the 8th gen civic page on facebook we have ~ 37k members and are actively following this issue by the hour as we get updates.

Good to see the forum is still responsive 😂
Cheers!
Hi! Do you mind linking the FB page here? Thanks so much! I think I found it; I'm Chryss Aiche over there in case I need to be approved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Date says 1/1/22 even though it's 1/2/22. Time starts at 4:00 every time I start the car. will not let me change it. Just started on 1/2/22. Anybody know what to do?
My 2009 Civic with navigation starts at 4 pm and I also can not fix the date.
Tried everything and now I see others having same problem, There a fix?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid I bought used in 2009 when my 2003 Civic Hybrid got totaled. My NAVI clock is doing the same thing. I have done the reset, lifted the negative lead on the battery for 30 minutes, reset it (long enough to wipe the MPG but not the radio stations), and I still can't get it set right.

It's good to know it isn't just me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one, then. I just got into my car for the first time this year (4th Jan 2022), and found that my clock was displaying 1:00 am January 1, 2002. I guess the clock doesn't understand 20 years past its initial date? The clock never set itself from the GPS signal during the 25 minute commute to work. I had to do a bit of creative Google searching to end up at this forum subject, because I had a sneaky suspicion that I might not be the only one affected by this issue. I'll keep an eye on the clock tonight and see whether it continues from the time it set itself to this morning, or resets itself back to 1:00 am on 1 Jan 2002. I'll try to keep an eye on this subject in the forum as well. I'm thinking a phone call to the local Honda dealer might be pointless as well, based on other comments I've seen here. BTW, I have a 2007 Civic EX with the navigation system.

UPDATE (one hour later): I just called my local Honda dealer's service department, and the service manager hadn't heard of this issue yet, and suspected it might be a software issue, or maybe a circuit board may have gone bad, and said that they can take a look at it. I'm thinking that the circuit board isn't the issue, and I passed on his suggestion that I bring it in, rather than pay for service for something that I don't really have the confidence that they would know what it is. I'll just stay tuned to this forum for now!

ANOTHER UPDATE: When I went to go home from work, I powered on the unit, and it did reset itself back to 1:00 on 1 Jan 2002. The clock advanced the minutes like it should, but on a whim, I thought I'd eject the navigation DVD. When I re-inserted the disc, the clock again reset itself back to 1:00! This is while the radio was on the whole time! When I got home, I ordered the 2021 navigation DVD, with the slim chance that it might fix the issue, but in all likelihood, it will not, but at least I'll have the DVD before they're sold out.
I'm glad I'm not the only one, then. I just got into my car for the first time this year (4th Jan 2022), and found that my clock was displaying 1:00 am January 1, 2002. I guess the clock doesn't understand 20 years past its initial date? The clock never set itself from the GPS signal during the 25 minute commute to work. I had to do a bit of creative Google searching to end up at this forum subject, because I had a sneaky suspicion that I might not be the only one affected by this issue. I'll keep an eye on the clock tonight and see whether it continues from the time it set itself to this morning, or resets itself back to 1:00 am on 1 Jan 2002. I'll try to keep an eye on this subject in the forum as well. I'm thinking a phone call to the local Honda dealer might be pointless as well, based on other comments I've seen here. BTW, I have a 2007 Civic EX with the navigation system.

UPDATE (one hour later): I just called my local Honda dealer's service department, and the service manager hadn't heard of this issue yet, and suspected it might be a software issue, or maybe a circuit board may have gone bad, and said that they can take a look at it. I'm thinking that the circuit board isn't the issue, and I passed on his suggestion that I bring it in, rather than pay for service for something that I don't really have the confidence that they would know what it is. I'll just stay tuned to this forum for now!

ANOTHER UPDATE: When I went to go home from work, I powered on the unit, and it did reset itself back to 1:00 on 1 Jan 2002. The clock advanced the minutes like it should, but on a whim, I thought I'd eject the navigation DVD. When I re-inserted the disc, the clock again reset itself back to 1:00! This is while the radio was on the whole time! When I got home, I ordered the 2021 navigation DVD, with the slim chance that it might fix the issue, but in all likelihood, it will not, but at least I'll have the DVD before they're sold out.
I have had purchased purchased the new software for DVD navigation United States Version 6.K0 3.00.00 and I am still having the same problems your having. Hopefully Honda has a fix soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have purchased the new DVD navigation United States version 6.K0 3.00.00 and Still have the same problems your having. Hopefully honda hasa fix for it soon.

I have had purchased purchased the new software for DVD navigation United States Version 6.K0 3.00.00 and I am still having the same problems your having. Hopefully Honda has a fix soon.
We seem to be in "wait" mode right now. I wonder when Honda will figure this out.

Other forums have noted the "step back" is 1024 weeks. Honda says this will self correct in August of 2022. I'm not sure if I want to wait that long.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2007 Civic is affected. I was very baffled by this occurrence. It is helpful to know that I am not the only owner that is experience this issue.

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone what is happening. This is a software (coding) mistake that is present in the NAV systems that is causing the time/date mistakes. The head-unit (stereo) gets it's time from GPS, you are only able to adjust hour/min (but not necessarily input the actual time) up or down. Even if you have the latest map DVD, it won't help at all.

This is being investigated by Honda and the maker of the units on how to solve this. Good thing (silver lining) is that it effects A LOT of Honda vehicles that are equipped with factory Navigation, so Honda will NOT ignore this. From what I've read, it could be summer time (summer of 2022) until they find a fix. Until then, ignore the time/clock in your cars. It's difficult to do, I know.

I'll keep this and all thread updated on pertinent information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
glad i came across this
i too have a problem with my clock
but it all works just its an hour fast and it wont let me change it
i thought it was its in wet time but i cant find anywhere to change it to gmt
but if its a sat nav fault that i suppose will cause me problems too
civic 2009 2.2 es gt

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts
It appears as though this will resolve itself by August (2022).

Quote, "Honda US team stating: 'We have escalated the NAVI Clock Issue to our Engineering Team and they have informed us that you will experience issue from Jan 2022 thru August 2022 and then it will auto-correct. "

Anyway, Honda "says" if there is a fix before then, they will notify owners. We all know that is bunch of bologna. Wait until August (just in time for my bday, LOL) and our clocks will (supposedly) fix themselves.

Link:

·
Registered
23 Posts
glad i came across this
i too have a problem with my clock
but it all works just its an hour fast and it wont let me change it
i thought it was its in wet time but i cant find anywhere to change it to gmt
but if its a sat nav fault that i suppose will cause me problems too
civic 2009 2.2 es gt
You can go into the setup menu, but it won't change it there either. It's stuck in 2002.

I already tried this. You get to the setup menu by pressing MENU, MAP and CANCEL (push and hold all three) and it will shift to the diagnostic mode.

I did this, ran all diagnostics, no errors found. I did go to the setup and tried to change the calendar date - it wouldn't let me. Feel free to try it though.

When you are done, there is a screen button to exit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue in the UK. My clock reverted to BST, although it should display GMT this time of year. I disconnected my battery, now it reverted to 01:00. My solution is to go out at 01:00 and connect the battery for it to show the correct time 🤣

·
Registered
23 Posts
yep exactly the same as me
so much for technology and progress lol
Please go to UK Honda's website and log the issue.

The more of us poke at this, the more pressure it will put on them to act and fix it, rather than wait for it to resolve itself in August of 2022 (allegedly).

21 - 40 of 59 Posts