8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Date says 1/1/22 even though it's 1/2/22. Time starts at 4:00 every time I start the car. will not let me change it. Just started on 1/2/22. Anybody know what to do?

·
Registered
2006 Civic EX Sedan Auto
12 Posts
Date says 1/1/22 even though it's 1/2/22. Time starts at 4:00 every time I start the car. will not let me change it. Just started on 1/2/22. Anybody know what to do?
[/QUOT
having the same issue. And even if I go into clock adjustment it will not let me change the time, if I try to add/subtract an hour from 12 it goes back to 12 before I can even cycle to the right time

·
Registered
991 Posts
Are the 8th gens USA models having the same issue as the Canadian ones? I haven't even eyed my clock yet but now i'm curious.....

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I posted something about this earlier.
I saw a discussion of the same on a CR-V forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am just stressing about this. Figure it out today that my sat nav time is not set (00:00). Every attempt i try to reset/restore/set doesnt let me change the clock. Also the clock above radio station did not change time. Not sure but i think this happens since new year. Looks like something went bad somewhere. (btw europe car owner here)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called into Honda HQ... after a bunch of hold time and distractions... they admitted this is a thing in all Hondas with in dash Nav. They have no current solution. Speaking VERY quickly, the agent said it could be August of 2022 before it is solved. In the meantime, our cars will continually reset themselves to 2002. I interrupted her, and asked her to say it again slowly, and she wouldn't. There was then a whole bunch of puffy doublespeak that basically meant they have NO CLUE WTF happened.

·
Super Moderator
2,512 Posts
LOL,, well, glad to see I'm not the only one with this. Checked the fused and sure enough, they are fine. Here is another thread on this board regarding Honda's hiccup. If anyone finds pertinent information (I'm fine with waiting for Honda for a fix, but I won't hold my breath), please post any links, webpages, whatever to help solve this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
LOL,, well, glad to see I'm not the only one with this. Checked the fused and sure enough, they are fine. Here is another thread on this board regarding Honda's hiccup. If anyone finds pertinent information (I'm fine with waiting for Honda for a fix, but I won't hold my breath), please post any links, webpages, whatever to help solve this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad to have found this thread, but disappointed in Honda’s response. My 2008 Civic Si’s clock currently reads January 1, 2002 3:00 PM every time I start the car. With Navi, no way to adjust the time manually.
:confused:(n)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have actually been in contact with local acura dealer will let you know if I hear anything worthwhile. sounds like the firmware for all our Navi aren't 2022 compatible.

·
Super Moderator
2,512 Posts
Glad to have found this thread, but disappointed in Honda’s response. My 2008 Civic Si’s clock currently reads January 1, 2002 3:00 PM every time I start the car. With Navi, no way to adjust the time manually.
:confused:(n)
Donna, there IS a way to adjust the time manually, however, you are "adding/subtracting" hours or minutes to the time, not exactly putting in the real time AND it will all erase as soon as you turn the car off......................... come to think of it, yeah, no meaningful way to adjust it............... yeah nevermind what I said....... off to get my morning coffee.

If I find anything, I'll update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2009 Civic with Navi. I am in central time zone and my clock resets to 2:00 every time I start the car. I figured it was a software/firmware issue but disappointed it will take so long to fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one, then. I just got into my car for the first time this year (4th Jan 2022), and found that my clock was displaying 1:00 am January 1, 2002. I guess the clock doesn't understand 20 years past its initial date? The clock never set itself from the GPS signal during the 25 minute commute to work. I had to do a bit of creative Google searching to end up at this forum subject, because I had a sneaky suspicion that I might not be the only one affected by this issue. I'll keep an eye on the clock tonight and see whether it continues from the time it set itself to this morning, or resets itself back to 1:00 am on 1 Jan 2002. I'll try to keep an eye on this subject in the forum as well. I'm thinking a phone call to the local Honda dealer might be pointless as well, based on other comments I've seen here. BTW, I have a 2007 Civic EX with the navigation system.

UPDATE (one hour later): I just called my local Honda dealer's service department, and the service manager hadn't heard of this issue yet, and suspected it might be a software issue, or maybe a circuit board may have gone bad, and said that they can take a look at it. I'm thinking that the circuit board isn't the issue, and I passed on his suggestion that I bring it in, rather than pay for service for something that I don't really have the confidence that they would know what it is. I'll just stay tuned to this forum for now!

ANOTHER UPDATE: When I went to go home from work, I powered on the unit, and it did reset itself back to 1:00 on 1 Jan 2002. The clock advanced the minutes like it should, but on a whim, I thought I'd eject the navigation DVD. When I re-inserted the disc, the clock again reset itself back to 1:00! This is while the radio was on the whole time! When I got home, I ordered the 2021 navigation DVD, with the slim chance that it might fix the issue, but in all likelihood, it will not, but at least I'll have the DVD before they're sold out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2007 Civic doing same thing. Resets to 3:59 when I crank it—date in computer is something like 01/24/2002. I've been through all settings and nothing fixes issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CIVIC 07 coupe, found this resetting clock on my Navi at 1/1??? 12:00 or 12:10? always.
I am in PST. Glad to know this is a clock software issue. (Only 15 years they thought was enough?!?!)
Thank you all. I will be keeping my eye on the reaction from HONDA (hopeful)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey everyone - similar issue here.

This is my 2006 Civic Si and first time in the car since new year. Taken on Jan 3 2022. The time was fine but the date showed May 20 2002. Turned off and restarted and then the clock kept setting itself to 4:00. I don't have a solution yet but figured I'd share my story for consistency. Subbed to this thread!

Plant Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Satellite radio

·
Registered
18 Posts
Logged into this forum after what seems to be years haha. I'm here to confirm this is a WIDESPREAD issue. Even my 2010 Acura CSX is affected, Honda element, Accord, Odyssey you name it! so were not alone on this one. This forum is somewhat slow/dead so I suggest you guys join the 8th gen civic page on facebook we have ~ 37k members and are actively following this issue by the hour as we get updates.

Good to see the forum is still responsive 😂
Cheers!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Happening on all oem nav units. It was not expected to last long. I think a group is making a petition to get it pushed under some sort of recall like there was with paint

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2 Posts
I thought I was losing my mind! Having the same issue with my 2010 Civic. I replaced the battery back in December and thought it was somehow related to that, but even my 11 year old couldn't fix it, so I suspected something else was going on. Following to see if any solutions come up. Happy New Year?! 😁😂

1 - 20 of 65 Posts