8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I am having the exact same problem. Do you have any idea how it fixed itself?
Run the self diagnostic mode for the tach without HDS.

http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/A00/HTML/00/SNB6E00K73200000000BBAT20.html

If you get 'error 3', disconnect the tach wire connector, wiggle the wires, reconnect the plug and retest.

If you still get 'error 3', check the ground wires and make sure the bolt is tight at G504. Complete the tach self diagnostic test again.

Here's a pic of G504's location. It can be found by looking up and to the right behind the hazard button from the driver's footwell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE: I forgot to update this a while back, when it was fixed. I didn't end up getting anything fixed by the dealer, or replacing any parts myself. The problem just went away on its own one day. It hasn't come back (in over 2 yrs). I still don't know what the underlying issue was. Perhaps Honda should advertise that their vehicles are self-repairing...
happened to me just today. Did you notice that the AC is not turning ON when dash is not working?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it not under warranty?

Pull your battery cable for a while just to make sure it's not something really simple. I've had a cars digital cluster go completely insane on me before, and disconnecting a battery cable for a few minutes fixed it.
Hey thank you so much, I did unplug the battery cable just as you said and problem fixed!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Pull your battery cable for a while just to make sure it's not something really simple. I've had a cars digital cluster go completely insane on me before, and disconnecting a battery cable for a few minutes fixed it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks a Ton....pulling out the battery cable worked fine and saved me a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Omg...It Really worked for me...awesome and simple fix...Thumbs Up Brother 😮😮

21 - 27 of 27 Posts