8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to notice some black foam stuff coming out from the front of the dash and it looks like its getting worse? what the hell? i really dont want to go back to the dealer for this...ugh! sorry for the crap cell phone photo but the foam is by the front speakers in the dash. Anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
take it to the dealer before it gets any worse, i know it sucks to be without your car for a little while, but you pay good money for your car and your warranty so put it to good use

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
****!....:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mine is visable across the whole bottom of the dash. My thinking is that its suppost to be that way beings that its black. It is probably there to keep the dash from squeaking agaist the windshield? The foam on my old xB was WAY worse!

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Its supposed to be there...it prevents the dash from hitting the base of the windshield. Its the same type memory foam you'll find elsewhere.
I dont buy that. The foam is supposed to be hidden so why is it showing up in the first place? other cars dont have the foam showing because other cars have better build quality. Why would Honda have dash foam show in the first place? im glad that im not the only one with this issue. I dont think its a problem and that it shouldnt be a problem right? its not getting worse or anything so.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The adhesive could have loosened a bit and the foam come slightly out of place. I can't see it in your pic, unfortunately, to be able to help out more. But, there are always going to be times when you see the foam, especially when you have direct sun shining there. Its on the leading edge of the dash...and its applied by a human, so its not always exactly in a straight line.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.