8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the entire dash look at night with the lights on? Colors, etc.

For those with the Nav system, do the buttons on the navigation unit light up?

If anyone has photos of their dash at night... specificaly the radio/ac/navigation controlls please post them or send them to me and I'll host and post them.

my email address is [email protected]

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the ones i've seen are of the gauges (RPM and MPH)

I'm interested in the rest, i.e. Radio, A/C, and navigation controlls.

If anyone has photos please post them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CameronJr9 said:
I'll take some tonight for you...give me about 20 minutes, then it'll be dark. It's bright with navi. I'll take a couple shots with navi turned down low, off, etc. Honestly, the best thing is to just go to a dealer after sunset and play around.
That would be great. The sooner the better. I much rather just see photos than have to go through the process of dealing with a dealership. The ones here in Vegas are a real hastle. One salesman told me the only time I could test drive one is after I buy it.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Well, I took some pics, but you can't really tell how bright it is. Without the flash, they didn't really turn out too well. I'd talk to a different salesman if I were you. There's no reason they won't let you test drive. How can you know if you want the car if you haven't taken it for a spin? If anyone else can get good pics of the dash at night, please be my guest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
briancr1 said:
For those with the Nav system, do the buttons on the navigation unit light up?
The Nav buttons do light up, same color as the other buttons (AC controls, windows, door locks) which are not too bright. But Nav buttons usage are mainly for front passenger as most commands can be accessed through voice or touch screen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CameronJr9 said:
Yea, i'm very familiar with the car, and have most of the photos out there of it. I just haven't seen the interior when the headlights are on and all the dash/navigation lights are on. I've seen the speedo and tach over and over again, which are very nice, but not what i'm looking for. Thanks anyway.

Still, if anyone has a minute to take a photo of the mid-dash (nav, AC, radio) at night with them lit up I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The dash lights are great, but at night, they reflect on the windshield and it is as annoying a $%[email protected]! I have to tone them down at night and up during the day. It's not a big deal, but it could be a slider dial instead of a button that you have to hold down.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Sorry, pal. I don't have Navi. I have two crappy pictures of the dash. One is my camera phone in Standard mode and the other in Night mode.

Night mode has to be held very still and, brother, I cannot sit still! :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I've never experienced reflection on the windshield. However, I'm not very observant but tonight I will look for it and let you know. I find it counterintuitive though, because the dash lights are protected by huge shields. I really doubt I'm going to see any reflection. :confused:

dbeayon said:
The dash lights are great, but at night, they reflect on the windshield and it is as annoying a $%[email protected]! I have to tone them down at night and up during the day. It's not a big deal, but it could be a slider dial instead of a button that you have to hold down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
peliROJO said:
Sorry, pal. I don't have Navi. I have two crappy pictures of the dash. One is my camera phone in Standard mode and the other in Night mode.

Night mode has to be held very still and, brother, I cannot sit still! :D
They look a little green in that photo. Is that accurate or is it just the white-balance on the camera?

BTW. Thanks for taking the time to take the pics!

·
Registered
13 Posts
briancr1 said:
They look a little green in that photo. Is that accurate or is it just the white-balance on the camera?

BTW. Thanks for taking the time to take the pics!

The color representation from peliROJO's standard photo is quite accurate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ballplaya4237 said:
they are a light green.. sort of olive green.. imagine this type color with an led behind it...sort of..

Interesting... almost a little disapointing. I'm not big on green or orange for interior backlighting. 2001 civic is orange (Which I have) and most older cars are green.

I was hoping for more of a white or white-blue color. Green just seems a little out of place with the hi-tech look of the RPM and MPH gauges.

This photo must be decieving:

Am I correct? Thanks for all your help people.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts