8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
They do, you just have to send yours in or pay the core charge for one.

- i would personally go with AEBS over dart though. i have seen some strange things from dart including un-seated sleeves, and crooked sleeves that were so outta whack the bore and hone couldnt even save them.

- i had a b20 block from AEBS with integrated block guard and the sleeves were ridiculous. rated for 1,000 hp all day.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
- i would personally go with AEBS over dart though. i have seen some strange things from dart including un-seated sleeves, and crooked sleeves that were so outta whack the bore and hone couldnt even save them.

I think the op was talking about the full custom dart blocks not just sleeving his block...I believe you are talking about just a sleeved bloc...

where did you see those blocks? Wouldn't have been the fault of whoever installed the sleeves?

I have an H22 that I need to sleeve and was looking into Dart...Thats why I'm asking...it just has big scrapes and I dont believe in the frm sleeves...very mild motor...

I have also been looking into JE Sleeves just for there affordability...

Can We get some feedback, I definitely dont want to make a bad decision...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
you guys are mixing dart with darton. darton makes sleeves. dart makes the whole block, but dart only makes B series blocks, right?

AEBS is good too. There are lots of good sleeves. The trick is to have them installed correctly. There are only a few places in the whole country that I would recommend. ERL is on the top of my list. And they use a block guard style aluminum support as well. It's a very nice setup and they do a good job.... so no sinking sleeves or other bad experiences.

Chris

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
u guys are crazy. dart blocks are a waste of money imo. fill your block and nice sleeves will get you something just as good as a dart block or better for a lot less. i cant remember which magazine did a b20/vtec build with a dart block and the build was either 13k or 19k. waste of money. they wasted a lot of extra money because the dart block wasnt perfect...

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
There's another company called exospeed that builds a K20 race block.

1. ARIAS forged pistons, with piston ring set, wrist pins, and locks. .
2. Eagle performance connecting Rods.
3. Exospeed Sleeved Block: Iron Ductile Open Deck Sleeve.
4. Precision bore, hone, hot tank, and step deck.
5. New Genuine OEM Factory main and rod bearings, with new OEM thrust washers.
6. New Genuine OEM Factory Oil Pump
7. New Genuine OEM Factory Oil Filter
8. New Genuine OEM Factory bottom end gasket kit. Includes: Oil pan gasket, main seal, oil pickup gasket, and more.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I bet if you look around someone is making custom dowels, like they do for ls/vtec...for the amount of them that are supposedly out there it cant be to hard....are heads are the same as tsx's so that swap must be pretty straight forward....so maybe minimal amout of work for elements/accords..

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Call several shop and mention possible milling to help align the head. Need to find something soon though. Once the engine is decided on then the shop can work on other items on the car.. turbo.. ECM management.. etc

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.