8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, all of us know during winter our cars are all covered in salt and dirt that we don't see any damages to our car. Well, yesterday I washed my car and today I found this BIG ASS nasty swirl/scratch thing. I don't even know if I got hit while my car was parked or... what I dunno.... sucks!!!!

Will those scratch removal thingees work on this massive swirl? (Sorry for the bad photos but... yeah...)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Use a mildly aggressive paint cleaner/swirl remover (start with a Meguiars M80, then a M83 if M80 doesn't work) with a DA buffer, and it should take care of the marks (assuming they are not deep enough that you can actually feel them with your fingers).

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
If you can feel them with your fingers, then the scratches/marks are unfortunately too deep to be removed by any buffering methods available. :( Buffering might be able to help you hide some of the imperfections, but not remove them in this case.

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
If you can feel them with your fingers, then the scratches/marks are unfortunately too deep to be removed by any buffering methods available. :( Buffering might be able to help you hide some of the imperfections, but not remove them in this case.
:yeahthat:

wait till the summer and get it primed and painted or live it with :p I found one on mines after driving my car during the second winter i had it, it really does suck.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
looks like someone backed onto you or you bumped into another car or object.

it doesnt look too bad but wont come out with simply with a paint cleaner. you need a buff and polishing compound to fix that to the very least.

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
hahaha hellz yea, i LOVE that stuff you should go get some lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks like someone backed onto you or you bumped into another car or object.

it doesnt look too bad but wont come out with simply with a paint cleaner. you need a buff and polishing compound to fix that to the very least.
Ya I think at lease that to fix a bit of it... Sigh.... now no matter how clean and waxed it is it'll always have that CRAP on... haha suckkkkkkkkksssss!!!!!

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
that'll buff right out lol..if your returning a lease return, get it polished/waxed before you return it..i spent $100 getting my crv detailed and waxed and it saved me money i beleive lol
i love how you end it with i believe...

·
Registered
326 Posts
I say save yourself some hassle. Firstly, Scratch X is not a powerful enough agent to remove the damage permanently, and secondly, doing it by hand will only have the damage come back after 1-2 washes.
"scratch-x 2.0" is a more aggressive product than the original "Scratch-x"

Aggressiveness Order for New Consumer Products - This will surprise you! - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

and if its the kinda mark that it can get removed, then doing it by hand has no bearing on it getting effected by a wash. Unless you have access to an orbital buffer, doing the job by hand allows for more direct pressure than using a DA polisher, which is limited by a clutch system. The product should smooth out the defect, not just mask it as a layer (like a wax). Granted all this is true if the defect is not down to the basecoat.

I'm sure the detailers on this board can chime in for accuracy of this.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I just went to the car show again today and ask the Meguiar about scratch-x. They said the Scratch X 2.0 is just a different (more advance) formula, but the outcome and function is the same? o_O Whatever scratch that will stop your fingernails moving cannot be remove or something like that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.