8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid honda... the blue si thats comming in will be with SUMMER tires...

Too bad that sucks for me cuase im a commuter and summer tires most likely SUCK in snow lol =\

So now i have a dillema

Buy winter tires, switch between them during summer / winter

or

Sell my tires with the rims on ebay or whereever and buy new rims + all season tires

BTW how much would stock rims (new) and HPT go for if i wanted to sell em? Shipping would be a ***** tho right?

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I'd keep your summer tires. Keep the rims and summer tires on the car. Find a nice set of dedicated snow tires and put them on some cheap steel rims for winter. Swap them out come summer time.

that way it keeps miles down on the summer tires - gives you much better stick in the summer, and you keep the stock rims from being exposed to road salt. That's just me.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill just tell them to change the tires to all season..... i was looking at buyin tires + wheels at tirerack.com and they have good winter tired for 130 per (with rims) But the rims as so ugly.. so are the stock ones

ill insist they give me regular OEM tires

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I bought myself Bridgestone Blizzaks for the winter.. even though I had the EX.. Factory tires on most, if not all Honda/Acura's are known to suck.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
unplugged said:
Factory tires on most, if not all Honda/Acura's are known to suck.
Can I get an AMEN!!!!!! I changed out my stock tires on 2 new honda vehicles that I've owned. One set was so horrible in wet weather I tossed them at 12k miles.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
yeah i changed out my g/f's tires on the 04 accord v6 to the goodyear comfortreads and she LOVES them.

I did the same when I had the RSX-S.

The only stock tires that I liked was when I had my GSX.. came with Goodyear RSA's

·
Registered
117 Posts
webby said:
Can I get an AMEN!!!!!! I changed out my stock tires on 2 new honda vehicles that I've owned. One set was so horrible in wet weather I tossed them at 12k miles.
lol... same for Toyota's. Stock tires wear out way too fast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts