8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the car runs fine, revs fine, clutch seems fine, but when i try to get it to go, it revs up and no power goes to the wheels.

what would be wrong? it's in the shop now, but i'd like to try to figure this one out

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
not necessarily.

Last weekend my car did the same. Reved, but when I put it in gear, and hit the gas, nothing happened.

I had been driving in the rain, and my ECU harness under the hood got water in it somehow. Honda dumped it, and it started back up, and ran. Look into it..

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
op. or anybody. sorry it seems like im hijacking the thread.
but i was drivng in 5th gear @ about 89mph nd wanted to shitft up to 6th and accidentally went to 4th,.. few miles down the road. car lost power and had to be towed. couldnt drive bc had no power to the wheels
when honda looked @ the car, it was told, clutch blew. but can the clutch go and u can still start the car, when the clutch is suposebly gone?
you can leave the car in anygear and it wouldnt stall, clutch pedal was soo soft.

i want some adivse,
was it the clutch?
or shift lingage
axle or whtnot

honda said it was clutch and paid for a clutch and charged me for labor.

bc il will contact a lawyer if i find out i was charged for labor on something when it was somethinh else they fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.