8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
441 Posts
Puerto Rico tiene parte de los coches más rápidos alrededor. ellos son definitivamente unos de mirar para.

:)

pretty cool for a daily driver

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:
Dude you can get a RX-7, S2000, K20 hatch, RSX-S, 240sx, 300zx, evo and just about everything else faster for cheaper than a Z06.
in a straight line lol...

oh and in the end you don't own a corvette z06!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:
Dude you can get a RX-7, S2000, K20 hatch, RSX-S, 240sx, 300zx, evo and just about everything else faster for cheaper than a Z06.
I didn't say faster, I said quicker. That RSX can't hit 200 MPH if it's life depended on it. If it could, it'll take a much longer time than the Z06. All I said was it was quicker to the 1/4 mile than a Z06 which is impressive.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
radiocontrolhead said:
I didn't say faster, I said quicker. That RSX can't hit 200 MPH if it's life depended on it. If it could, it'll take a much longer time than the Z06. All I said was it was quicker to the 1/4 mile than a Z06 which is impressive.
not really.. you put slicks on a stock c6 z06 and it will match that time :thumb:
proof of this all over the net

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
Snake-eyes said:
not really.. you put slicks on a stock c6 z06 and it will match that time :thumb:
proof of this all over the net
Point is he was shocked that a cheaper car can be quicker/faster/as fast/as quick as a Z06 and it has been done many times by multiple cars.

Snake-eyes said:
in a straight line lol...

oh and in the end you don't own a corvette z06!
BS, a tuned S2000, RX-7, EVO, 240sx will eat the suspension of the Z06 alive.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:
Point is he was shocked that a cheaper car can be quicker/faster/as fast/as quick as a Z06 and it has been done many times by multiple cars.

BS, a tuned S2000, RX-7, EVO, 240sx will eat the suspension of the Z06 alive.
Anything can be made fast if you got the cash in a straight line.
also on the BS part..
uh noo none of those cars you mentioned even modded could touch a z06s performance for the price. It would run you more than a c6 z06 is worth to get it to perform as well on a track. Suspension. weight transfer modifications..engine build with reliability..brakes..steering pump. new oil system aka dry sump..
sorry wont happen for under 75k

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
Snake-eyes said:
Anything can be made fast if you got the cash.
also on the BS
uh noo none of those cars you mentioned even modded could touch a z06s performance for the price. It would run you more than a c6 z06 is worth to get it to perform as well on a track.
Get a 20k car, 20k in engine work, 20k in the suspension. That is a major exaderation and that's only 60k. Granted it is still not a Z06 but it will hang with it.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:
Get a 20k car, 20k in engine work, 20k in the suspension. That is a major exaderation and that's only 60k. Granted it is still not a Z06 but it will hang with it.
none of those cars mentioned are 20k..s2ks and evo8s are 34k brand new. If You mean buy a used car and do all the labor yourself? well of course! but that is a long build project..and like you said it would hang not beat, even with doing that for under 75k.
for 34k I would get a c5 z06 and go crazy on that. it would have a better chance then any of the cars you listed of beating a c6 z06

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
Snake-eyes said:
none of those cars mentioned are 20k..s2ks and evo8s are 34k brand new. If You mean buy a used car and do all the labor yourself? well of course! but that is a long build project..and like you said it would hang not beat, even with doing that for under 75k.
for 34k I would get a c5 z06 and go crazy on that. it would have a better chance then any of the cars you listed of beating a c6 z06
Yeah, I was talking about used, not new... Yeah I guess a C5Z would be the best bet.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Snake-eyes said:
Who cares?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/415614/civic_vs_corvette/

oldie but a goodie. :thumb:

·
Registered
180 Posts
That's pretty nice.
On the show Pink Slips, on the Speed channel, there was an old CRX that did a 10.5 on a 1/4 mile. It was the first import car to win a race on that show lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts