8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized that my new retros need D2S bulbs (TSX projectors), while I have a 9006 HID Prolumen PNP kit. Is there anyway that I can make these fit, or am I forced to buy another kit?

:haysmiley:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
if you can wait till the end of the month, I bought 6000K d2s bulbs that have never been used, brand spanking new. Just waiting for my buddy to bring them down from the states when he visits at the end of the month. You can have em for 30 bucks CAD, then all you will need is a D2S adapter, which you can get online for about 25 bucks usd.

-note these aren't philips brand bulbs, but as long as you are running a 35W HID kit then your tsx projectors should be fine. (don't want to see you burning your projector bowls if your running 55W kit cause of me)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$30? That's it? I thought I had to buy an entire PNP kit for $200+ again. I might be interested Nishan, but it would depend when my car is out of the shop. I can't be driving around with no lights at night, haha.

Would the D2S bulbs fit (and work) on my existing HID ballast/harness? They're 35W if that matters.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
The bulbs are rated at "60W" (not true, they are really over-driven 35W) so it will work fine with your ballasts. But with a PnP kit, you are going to have AMP connectors (not sure if I used the correct name). shown here:

so to use the D2S bulbs you will need the AMP-D2S adapter hardness, shown here:

^^ relatively cheap, 25 bucks for a pair.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
they are yours, just wait till I get all my goodies.

retro's aren't illegal? are they? wheres the law!
there is no law yet that talks about retrofit per se. i was stopped by a cop once while driving my previous car with retrofits and he asked me what is all this lol.....

i explained to him that its an OE retrofit with DOT approved projectors, hid kit and housing. he wasnt too interested in those details and was more interested in seeing if there was any glare....there was none so it was all good.

make sure u guys align and angle the headlight correctly after install.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.