8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wasn't sure where to post this but gas pedal removal is most likely part of a complete sound deadening/audio upgrade project so I put it here in I.C.E.
1. Disconnect electrical and remove 2 nuts.
2. Pull the assembly off the studs and flop it down onto the carpet.
3. Release the retaining clip while pulling up on the assembly as a whole.
4. Pat yourself on the back for removing your gas pedal without destroying, breaking, or losing any parts!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess is yes. The differences between the Si and other pedals is more materials and cosmetics than basic design.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I wasn't sure where to post this but gas pedal removal is most likely part of a complete sound deadening/audio upgrade project so I put it here in I.C.E.
1. Disconnect electrical and remove 2 nuts.
2. Pull the assembly off the studs and flop it down onto the carpet.
3. Release the retaining clip while pulling up on the assembly as a whole.
4. Pat yourself on the back for removing your gas pedal without destroying, breaking, or losing any parts!
My cars gas pedal broke from behind...I'am still looking for another replacement. I've been to 3 diff salvage yards local and almost every civic they had had the same problem as mine broken off the back tab. Is that a typical part to break easy? Does anyone know? And how hard was it to take it apart was it a pain?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks jmelkerson! The assembly was the same on my 07 SI.

Make sure to push on the retaining clip in the same direction as the picture (down and aft) until you hear a click. That part gave me a little trouble.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I may need to do this - I want to convert my floor gas pedal to a hanging one. The floor mounted pedal hurts my ankle.
I'm about to attempt this actually. I'm having a similar issue, combined with just preferring a hanging pedal. The 2012+ Civic Si has a hanging pedal, which I'm going to try to transplant over.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm about to attempt this actually. I'm having a similar issue, combined with just preferring a hanging pedal. The 2012+ Civic Si has a hanging pedal, which I'm going to try to transplant over.
From the line drawings in the parts catalogs, there seems to be a differences in the pedal's sensor between 8th gen and 9th gen Civic. I'm not talking about the pedal itself, but the base where the electronics live.

I have a gut feeling the 12+ Civic pedal may not work, but the 07-08 Fit pedal would. If the whole assembly from the Fit does not work, you may still have a chance of being able to swap the Fit arm into your Civic sensor base.

Compare pictures at:

07 08 Honda Fit Gas Acceleration Pedal | eBay

06 07 08 09 10 11 Honda Civic Acceleration Gas Pedal Sensor | eBay

2012 Honda Civic SI Factory Gas Pedal Switch Accelerator Sensor X19 | eBay

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm very curious to find out if it works. If it does I'm going to order one pronto.

·
Registered
61 Posts
From the line drawings in the parts catalogs, there seems to be a differences in the pedal's sensor between 8th gen and 9th gen Civic. I'm not talking about the pedal itself, but the base where the electronics live.

I have a gut feeling the 12+ Civic pedal may not work, but the 07-08 Fit pedal would. If the whole assembly from the Fit does not work, you may still have a chance of being able to swap the Fit arm into your Civic sensor base.

Compare pictures at:

07 08 Honda Fit Gas Acceleration Pedal | eBay

06 07 08 09 10 11 Honda Civic Acceleration Gas Pedal Sensor | eBay

2012 Honda Civic SI Factory Gas Pedal Switch Accelerator Sensor X19 | eBay
This makes it easier to see without being shot under the dash, but it's still hard to tell compatibility. How much money will go into this discovery, I wonder...

·
Registered
61 Posts
So I ordered a Fit gas pedal assembly. Hopefully when I get some free time soon I can see if it's a proper... fit... and will report back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I ordered a Fit gas pedal assembly. Hopefully when I get some free time soon I can see if it's a proper... fit... and will report back.
Just curious if anyone had tried a different pedal? I am not a fan of the floor mounted one, but I didn't want to waste money on a pedal if it's not going to work?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts