8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing the CV axles on on my 07 LX. Driver's side was no problem coming out, but passenger side is. Here's what I've got. After removing the outboard side from the hub, I can't get the inboard side free. You can rotate the shaft. You can move it slightly inward and outward. You can waggle it up and down slightly. So, nothing seems seized or splines jammed, etc. My only guess is that the retaining ring has somehow decompressed or opened up further than it's supposed to and that's what it's hitting against. No amount of prying that I've done has made a difference. Anyone run into this? Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Similar issue when doing front CV Axles on my former 05 Subaru legacy.
Since I knew I'd be junking the old axles, I was able to work the axle by smacking it with a bar and sledge around different points.

Make sure the vehicle is secure when jacked and beat the snot out of that axle. It's best to be gentle, but you gotta get it out

·
Registered
783 Posts
Same exact problem. It wasn't bad (bought as a pair) so I just left it and put it back together. I'll have a shop do the passenger side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts