8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 sedan lx automatic with a vibration prob on right side. it shakes at 55 t0 60 mph . i have had the tires balanced, moved the tires around , replaced struts , moved the rotors from left to right and replaced the motor mount ( because it was busted). i bought the car used with 155k on it and it has been wrecked it the front and was repaired. had a bent wheel and has been replaced. the right axle looks to be a aftermarket and is the only thing i haven't addressed yet.
the question i have is " the axle from honda for the sedan is 480.00 for the sedan and 145 .00 for the coupe. the sedan body is not even a 1/2 inch wider than the coupes. Auto zone doesen't list a different axle for the sedan vs the coupe , just the diff between man and automatic. so why wouldn't the coupe axle work in the sedan? i havent found a axle length for either but the sedan is made in japan and the coupe is made in ohio . could that be the diff in cost ? makes you want to say" hmmm "

·
Registered
101 Posts
axles are the same. get a used one on ebay.
I would address the axle. get a used cheap one.
your alignment...what were the #s. everything even?

a shake at the speed is usualy driveshaft/ujoint/axle...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I just put in a duralst gold cv axle for $80 and it guaranteed for life.
I barely got a year out of dss level 0 axles.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I just put in a duralst gold cv axle for $80 and it guaranteed for life.
I barely got a year out of dss level 0 axles.
I've had the Duralast Gold for 4 months now. I got them specifically for the warranty.

Mine where $75 per side for a 1.8l 5spd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vibration at that speed is typically a tire balance issue. The axles are balanced too and can become unbalanced. A bad beating can cause this. NVH issues can be difficult to diagnose and you'll have a hard time getting a diagnosis over the internet. Worn suspension components can cause vibrations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
LukaMcCloud
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing