8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the 2007 civic ex auto changing the starter and found these two wires cut... I don’t notice anything not working other than the car not starting... can anyone send me some info or at least tell me what this plug is for

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looks like a pressure switch. Can’t tell but appears to be on power steering line? May be a feedback control for the power steering. Any issues with steering effort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a pressure switch. Can’t tell but appears to be on power steering line? May be a feedback control for the power steering. Any issues with steering effort?

No I haven’t had any issues with steering which is one of the reasons I didn’t think too much about it I have no idea hire’s long it’s been this way either

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I bought my used '07 Ex, it had the power steering pressure (PSP) switch not plugged in. The car would stall when the car was stopped and the wheel was turned to near full stop in either direction (e.g. when parallel parking). If this is happening to you, that's a sign that the switch isn't working. It won't affect turning during normal driving. The dealer fixed it for free under warranty. Or you can rev the car while you're parking :).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got back under it and found two wires tucked away and they were the same i spliced them and I guess the steering feels a little lighter or maybe it’s from the a crv the past week but it’s all connected and starter is in also... Tango

1 - 5 of 5 Posts