8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I have been thinking of making my own box for subs in the trunk and rather then slapping it together and not liking it i decided to draw my trunk, save it on my computer and that way i can keep printing it out without having to draw my trunk again...So I decided to post it up incase anyone here wanted to make a custom trunk and wanted a blue print to draw it out...all you gotta do is print:thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
You'll go nowhere with that spare tire.

EDIT: im kidding, it really is a nice setup. how much higher does the new trunk floor sit with the amps under it?

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
You'll go nowhere with that spare tire.

EDIT: im kidding, it really is a nice setup. how much higher does the new trunk floor sit with the amps under it?
I'd never rock a spare in my trunk. If I get a flat tire on the volks, I got more problems then needing a spare. I'm calling AAA and getting a tow. Even before the audio equipment, my trunk was empty.

The new floor sits up about 1.5 inches if I recall correctly. Sits just above the plastic that sticks out near the hinges on either side...

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
On man. I'll be honest, I was going to rip on that audio install until I saw it was Complex who posted it. I guess that's just my social bias kicking in. I'd ask how it sounds, but no man in his right mind would answer that with anything other than "GREAT!", so I'll ask how you enclosed the sub instead. Did you just bolt everytihng to a flat board and cut the board to the size of the hole, or did you actually seal the bottom out(which sounds like a ***** to do)?

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
On man. I'll be honest, I was going to rip on that audio install until I saw it was Complex who posted it. I guess that's just my social bias kicking in. I'd ask how it sounds, but no man in his right mind would answer that with anything other than "GREAT!", so I'll ask how you enclosed the sub instead. Did you just bolt everytihng to a flat board and cut the board to the size of the hole, or did you actually seal the bottom out(which sounds like a ***** to do)?
lol :love: :thumb:

If it didn't sound good it wouldn't be in the car.

I've taken it to one SQL audio competition so far (MECA) and came in first place for the modified class, and had .5 more points than ANY OTHER COMPETITOR IN ALL CLASSES.

So yes, it sounds crystal clear. It actually surprised me because of how fast we got it all together. 2 days before the show I had the stock system still in the car. The night before the show we spend 4-6hrs tuning the time correction, imaging, staging, etc.

For me it's not about bump, it's about the quality of the sound. I hate when I can hear someone bumping in their car 5 cars behind me. It's stupid.

:thumb:

As for the enclosure, the sub box fits between the sides of the spare tire area. It was designed mostly for the correct airspace for the sub. On top of the sub box is a carpeted trim piece in which the amp rack bolts to. The left and right sides of the amp rack rest on the actual trunk floor. The top trim panels (which were a *****) rest on top of everything, and the guitar shaped sides have supports underneath. It is rock solid and doesn't move at all. I need to reanchor the amps since we rushed and didn't get them exactly lined up, and I also need a grill for the damn sub so I can use my trunk lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts