8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for looking. In case you aren't aware of our Group Buy please look here: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49896

For more pics: http://www.customlightz.com/gallery/retrofit/honda/civic20.html
And: http://www.customlightz.com/gallery/retrofit/honda/civic-2.html

I've always said that the TSX is the best bang for the buck; while the S2000 is for those who prefer lightoutput over color. This statement holds true for about 99% of the time. But every once in a while, a projector or two come along that deviates for the good.

----

I"m posting pics to my server in the meanwhile, so pardon the delay.

So yesterday 8.16.07 about 3pm est, I get a call from my partner Rich, about some ppl who drove from NY asking about Custom Lightz. Without any heads up, a customer was at our door asking for a retrofit. Luckily, I wasn't doing anything other than pushing papers at the lab, so I took off. On the way, I had to swing by the Honda dealership, since the customers had ebay headlights [which btw is our loaner for FAs :)], and needed oem headlights.

I get to the shop about 4:15pm. and Rich by this time had dropped the bumper, and prepped for our pnp wire harness.

By 11pm, everything was done and complete. What a night.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it is wide. When I say 3-5 lanes on either side of the whip I mean it.

The pics you see is about 3-4 car lengths away, and you barely see from the mid point all the way to the right. It's almost a full 180 degree.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
It also looks like the headlight is just slightly better designed for the FA5 than the FG2. Mine has very little light leak, but it still leaks in towards the high beam. However, that just might be camera trickery.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^

Yes, sometimes the auto adjuster does this. As far as the color, the camera hasn't been tampered with i.e. shutter speed, and in person, the color is more intense. The amount of color produced from these projectors is unreal.

·
Registered
196 Posts
^^^ No. Before the Si I had a '06 Subaru Legacy GT that I did a RX330 non-afs retro on....now that was a super easy retro that needed very little modification to get it to work.

I just need to get my finances back up before I sign up for the group buy.(I paid for the Si in cash)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jay3151 said:
o ok i was about to say ill scrap the idea for S2k's for my retro.

I"ve said it before, and I will say it again. The S2000 modified on average does not look that colorful. Actually what happens is that the cutoff on the right of the step starts to slop/arc/bend down. Thus, the light doesn't project as far to the right as OEM. This would be the sacrifice for more color, but depsite that it's uncommon to find a set as vibrant as these.

So, if you want lots of color at the cutoff i.e. blue, then go with TSX. If less color is okay for some more light on the ground i.e width, brightness and further down the road, then go with S2000. And this doesn't mean that the TSX is crappy; or just as good as BMW or Audi projectors.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
-Bionic- said:
I"ve said it before, and I will say it again. The S2000 modified on average does not look that colorful. Actually what happens is that the cutoff on the right of the step starts to slop/arc/bend down. Thus, the light doesn't project as far to the right as OEM. This would be the sacrifice for more color, but depsite that it's uncommon to find a set as vibrant as these.

So, if you want lots of color at the cutoff i.e. blue, then go with TSX. If less color is okay for some more light on the ground i.e width, brightness and further down the road, then go with S2000. And this doesn't mean that the TSX is crappy; or just as good as BMW or Audi projectors.

ya i got that, i really want the wide bright beam, im planning to use a 6500k bulb ya its a waste but might match my fogs that are already 6500k. when i do send the stuff to you guys i will ask to do the color mod and stuff and see what turns out. thanks for the info

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Color modding will make the projectors color shift, therefore not matching your fogs at all. Marvie's old FG2 projector retrofit had AP1 projectors on them. Check those out to see what Bjorn's talking about when the beam bends on the outside. Personally, if you're going for S2k projectors, don't color mod. You're getting them for a different reason than "looks".

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
i want them to match the fogs if not have more color but want the wide beam but willin to sacrafice some of the width for more color. i still think w the color modd they will still be wider than the TSX projectors no?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts