8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 civic si sedan, Bone stock but flashpro. I have been looking into building my own intake. Questions I have.

Who all is running a custom air intake ? Pictures please.

What size and with or without maf.

Any noticeable gains and what did you use?.

Thanks for all the help. I don't see many custom intakes all I really see is your rick specd , hybrid, and skunk2.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a custom 3.5" intake made to look like hybrids. i used my stock battery tray/bracket, cut down the bottom piece to it and relocated my battery to the bottom. i also bought a coolant hose to go under the piping. i used silicone and aluminum piping. i also got an aluminum MAF bung, drilled a hole into the pipe to fit the MAF then jb weld the bung over the hole so i can screw my MAF onto the MAF bung. the filter i used is blox velocity stack. i also got a T piping for the crank hoses and such.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't have a picture of it at the moment but i'll take a picture of it when i can. i made 223 and 162tq with just that intake, alpha header and 2.5" vibrant exhaust. made more than others who had j35's and 3" exhaust.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Also at 3.5 inch piping I thought I seen you couldn't use maf. Because it didn't read correct
I dont see why not. Hybrid and skunk2's CAI which are 3.5 uses MAF. Even i used my MAF on my custom intake. Read perfectly fine and net me 224whp and 163tq with just i/h/e no extra stuff like throttle body and such.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I used a 45deg 2.75-3" reducing silicone coupler from the trottle body to the intake tube. First part of the intake tube is just straight and then I use a 90deg coupler to connect to a 90 tube that then connects to the air filter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts