8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
does any one know why they put springs on the side of the headers? im just curious as to what the true significance of the springs on the side of headers are? thanks!
I think it works like a flex-pipe; relieves stress on the pipes.

BTW, where in Afghanistan you deployed to? I'm in the Paktika Province.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
The baseline '575' does have the 2.5" collector flange but can be upgraded to 3".

Also, the springs on the header are to help with flexing. Since not everybody has motor mounts or have no injected their stock ones yet, welding the entire piece is not ideal.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The baseline '575' does have the 2.5" collector flange but can be upgraded to 3".

Also, the springs on the header are to help with flexing. Since not everybody has motor mounts or have no injected their stock ones yet, welding the entire piece is not ideal.
how much is the price different for the 3" upgrade to the '575' header? thanks!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
Registered
848 Posts
hey guys, u guys make any awesome looking turbo manifolds yet for the 8th gen?? if so pics please!

btw im loving my go power setup. big difference with the ksi camshafts and custom header!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Question ... Is there a real difference in the collector sizes? Like whats the gain? Fitment? Power? What?
Fitment would be just as a normal header would be. The bolt holes on our flanges are oval'd to accommodate a variety of piping sizes as far as the exhaust is concerned.

As far as the gains are concerned, it is always better to have the largest collector possible especially when you have the larger exhaust. I wouldn't say the gains from a 3" over a 2.5" would be that significant but it terms of flow. It's ideal!

So how's that wait list looking for a custom header?
We're finishing TomsFA5's header right now. I believe we have 1 more 8thcivic header to build and then the list is pretty much done with. I believe we had like 6-7 headers to build recently. We've been pretty busy.

^ They are for my car.
Yesss and possibly for a black EX too! =D

41 - 60 of 77 Posts