8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'v been thinkin for the past couple of months on some unique mods that havn't been done 1 million times over. I started to think about the gauges. Its pretty much a piece of plastic thats been printed over and laid down.

So i did some chops and was thinkin maybe if i took mine out and got a hi-res scan of it and then modded it. Then print it out on a photo printer using transparent paper and cut it up and stuck it in there. Wonder how it'd look?

Enough talk, the chops:

These are just quick drafts but what yall think?

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I think it might be an interesting mod but its gonna be some work to get out the tach out.
Plus when you get a Reflash your gonna have to move that thing. :D

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
not feeling the yellow, but I like the red a lot.

would this be a whole new gauge or just an overlay?

and I think the red area in your chop would look even better if it faded in like how it does on the bottom.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
ameuba10 said:
i bet if you PM blue rocket, he could probly work out a overlay for ya
yeah maybe. I would be the overlay looks good too, cuz he does good work. I like the idea, but like post 2 said, thats a hell of alot of work to get it out.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I love VTEC more than anyone in the world but I think there is too much emphasis on it...c'mon guys vtec guages? I love the effort but not a fan. VTEC is awesome but people are acting like its a whole new dimension or something lol

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
seriously. everbody and their mother has had a VTEC type technology for a while...maybe Honda should concentratae on an infinitley stepless system like BMW and Nissan have.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I think its pretty sweet. I also think you could do it mostly transparent and keep the gradiant from the middle. :) Do this and sell it! :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
i kinda like the yellow but not everything else, especially showcasing vtec some more. but the yellow is kinda cool in the "kick" zone.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My friends Pontiac Grand Prix GTP has a little yellow aea on the tach where he gets peak boost. It also has a worthless LED Boost meter(i wouldnt call it a guage) that doenst have any numbers on it. It is cool though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts