8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with the extra day off on TG I got a chance to make an intake box. Made it a lot larger than the stock one. Running a SRI and connecting the stock bottom hose to it as well. Still working on the bottom half for the other stock tube to hook up.

AEM 3 inch filter.

Final piece will be made out of this stuff.. =)

Flame on! or leave a comment/opinion.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Looks well thought out. You obviously know what you were doing. Funny, I was just talking to someone today saying that I wish someone would make a cold air box so that we could use a cone filter and hook it up to the cold air intake. What you have made is essentially what I was thinking of of. Great job there. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments all.

What did you use as the mold for the "bigger than stock" box? Also, could you get way more into detail in general?
-First I measured the dimensions of the stock box and then enlarged it, few inches here, few inches there (making sure it will fit back in) to allow the cone filter.

-I used the specs and made a mock up box out of foam board for the mold.

-I then sprayed the inside with (polyvinyl alcohol) film to allow separation.
Fiberglassed into the side walls and allowed 24 hours to cure.

-Pulled box out and done did it.
Now just have to sand it down a bit primer and paint.
Going to re-mold it and make it out of carbon for the final box.

-In theory with the added volume and larger filter it should allow more flow and reduce restriction. On a dyno *shrug.*

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts

-First I measured the dimensions of the stock box and then enlarged it, few inches here, few inches there (making sure it will fit back in) to allow the cone filter.

-In theory with the added volume and larger filter it should allow more flow and reduce restriction. On a dyno *shrug.*
Interested in selling any copies? :wavey:

·
Registered
13,283 Posts

:thumb: Gonna beat Comptech at their own game huh?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Nothing like homegrown innovation. Where there is a will, there is a way. This is how new concepts and products come out. If the OP can do this up right in Carbon Graphite, he will have a winner here. I applaud him for his efforts and hope everything turns out well. :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.