8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK guys this is what im building, in order to fit a 3.5" core under there i built my own custom 2" spacer.

Tell me what you think.
Honest opinions/ suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Here are pics of the spacer.

Update:

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This will make a ton of power! My bet upwards of 390 on dynapack! Now u better finish it!
very creative.
:vtec:
That would be awesome. I cant wait to finish it.
id run dual pumps if i were you, or find a larger single pump
Iv been playing with that idea maybe one right after the front mount.
Looks like a tight fit, but hopefully you get this working. I'd like to see the gains this gets
It is very tight. Could not go any more.

O I forgot to mention that the front mount is 3.5 inch thick as well.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
That would be awesome. I cant wait to finish it.

Iv been playing with that idea maybe one right after the front mount.

It is very tight. Could not go any more.

O I forgot to mention that the front mount is 3.5 inch thick as well.
yeah if you went with that 3.5" thick one you definitely need a better pump, your loses are gonna be so great if you go with the normal pumps people use.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Looks good. Omit that upper coolant tank (the one in your image that has the sight tube), retain the second, and just make sure that it is the highest point in the coolant loop.

Also, I would go from that 3.15" to a 3.0" blower pulley and also K24 crank pulley. Move as much air through the motor as possible. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
My Si is getting painted by honda right now. and then being put up for the winter...in the mean time you could be making me a spacer for my blower.....thanks

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Any suggestions on the pump guys been looking but without much luck.

O and the reason I'm doing this is for different pulleys. :thumb:

I would just use the Bosch Cobra pump. It was designed for this application and is cheap and readily available.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Si is getting painted by honda right now. and then being put up for the winter...in the mean time you could be making me a spacer for my blower.....thanks
Haha what up bud, well yours would be real easy, I would just need a template and a few pics.

I would just use the Bosch Cobra pump. It was designed for this application and is cheap and readily available.
Yea prob will pic up a couple of those. Thanks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Instead of two pumps, buy a single johnson pump. It is stronger and high quality. And very light and easy to install due to its compact size. Its the one with red caps.

Ill get a better pic later.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts