8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello everyone, just got my 09 fa5 tw in april. Now im planning to save up for a conversion. I just can't decide on which conversion to do. I like BOTH. My friends say the RR because the CTR looks kinda pointy and it reminds them of an RSX. I know it's my car and its watever i like but i just want to hear some opinions. Thanks ! :dance:

Kplayground quoted me roughly $2580 shipped for RR and for the CTR $2480.

RR

Type R

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
The RR kit looks much cooler than the Type R kit. I don't have any experience with K Playground, but I'd still be worried about fitment issues. I think there's a RR kit in the for sale section.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
typeR... RR has these weird little "nipple thing flanges" on the front and rear parts, that look like they're supposed to match w/the sideskirts, but don't flow at all.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Def Type R. Looks much cleaner. Mugen just makes OEM quality rice designs. So with kplayground, you will get rice quality with a rice design. 2 negatives does not make a positive in this case.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the rr seems like the way to go kuz im spending the same price and i get more with the rr ( fog lights, more aggresiveness )

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Def Type R. Looks much cleaner. Mugen just makes OEM quality rice designs. So with kplayground, you will get rice quality with a rice design. 2 negatives does not make a positive in this case.
i kinda see wat u mean too..like there's too much going on the RR. Right now to me whichever i go with and down the road if i get sick of it, all i have to do is order the other bumper. kus everything else is the same.

alternate between RR and Type R bumper each months..BALLIN! :dancing:

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
If you don't mind the replica parts, go for the RR one.

But if you want the genuine parts, go for the Type R and just add the Mugen lips and grille.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts