8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quick question involving the Ct supercharger stage 1, I've reed stock injectors are fine till about 7200 rpm, would the ct 520cc modified injectors be a good replacement to get back to 8200 rpm? I plan on staying stage 1 for about a year or 2. Also with stage 1 is a walbro 255 overkill? My current mods are a AEM v3 CAI, Alpha headers and a xlr8 3ich exhaust w/ flashpro. Any other recommendations will be considered thanks 8th team!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Noticed you mentioned "FlashPro". With the right calibration, you should be okay. I have the Kraftwerks kit (1000cc fuel injectors) with stock fuel pump and the pump cannot keep up with fuel delivery causing to run too lean under boost. Next step would be to upgrade my fuel pump which should have been inculded in the kit. In your case, capture a datalog and analyze your current results.

·
Registered
207 Posts
How much boost are you running? Post up a datalog of a couple runs. I have seen a couple guys on the forums running stage 2 and 3 CTe with DeatschWerks 1000cc Injectors and DeatschWerks 300c Fuel Pump at 16psi

What size injector should I run?
Most important is what NOT to run, RC550 has a spray problem issue that makes it unsuitable for superchargers. Most guys run RC650 or 750 for up to 11psi, if you think nitrous may be in your future go for 750cc, otherwise the 650cc will be fine. There are also 520cc injectors from Comptech (modified stock injectors) that work, but around 9psi they may max out, however they are plug and play so they are simple to install. There are also optional plug and play clips available for RC which allows you to use RC injectors without cutting your engine harness, very nice..

·
Registered
36 Posts
May as well upgrade the injectors now, you may not realize it now, but power is addictive. You're eventually going to want more power. Just a pulley upgrade away. When i first got my kit I went EV14 1000 and the DW200c, plenty of room to upgrade.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ya I was looking into getting dw600s with a dw65 fuel pump, with those upgrade will I need to crush the fpr still, I've seen some people say yes and some people say no if you upgrade both

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If u are serious on stage 1 sell ur fp and go with ecu reflash it will work w stock injectors. The fp calibration requires u to get custom tune. hondata will only provide proper calibration when u buy stage 1 as a kit due to carb requirements and other restrictions. I say go official and get stage 1 kit as it comes w ecu reflash. I had that once and worked perfect w stock injectors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
May as well upgrade the injectors now, you may not realize it now, but power is addictive. You're eventually going to want more power. Just a pulley upgrade away. When i first got my kit I went EV14 1000 and the DW200c, plenty of room to upgrade.
Good advice. Might as well do it once and not have to mess with it again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts