8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend another filter to put on here?

Does the k&n filter just bolt on?

Any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
281 Posts
Why? Honestly, with the heatshield, and where the filter's located, by the time you'd need a hydroshield, you're probably already seriously ******.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
if you dont like the foam one that came with it i'd suggest a fujita filter. i think you'd need one with a 3" opening? not sure there. they work great and they are easy to clean.. no re-oiling needed.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
I think someone on hea did a k&n filter/ct setup search around. Im sure it fits no problems. I would go with a aem/takeda or like that dont require oil dryfilter type only.

·
Banned
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quite sure cte intake uses stock air tube. So guess ill just need to measure the ooutside diameter

·
Banned
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the question is how much maintenance does the foam filter require? Anyone have directions on maintaining it?

Just concerned lot of dust and pollen here. Don't want to have to worry about filter constantly. With paper filter and hydrolock cover id feel much better

·
Registered
409 Posts
i'm almost positive that there isn't an Apexi filter that will fit, as I was looking at the Apexi when I was looking at filters...

·
Banned
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
So the question is how much maintenance does the foam filter require? Anyone have directions on maintaining it?

Just concerned lot of dust and pollen here. Don't want to have to worry about filter constantly. With paper filter and hydrolock cover id feel much better
All you need to do is get this; Uni Filter Service Kit
The instructions are on the cans it comes with. It is fairly easy;
1. release the clamp and remove the filter
2. clean the filter - allow to dry
3. re-oil
4. put it back in
It took me about 10 minutes of actuall work - plus drying time(hour or so)
You probably want to clean it ever other oil change.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
I had a Monsterflow intake on my Miata that's a similar setup as the CT-E intake and has the same kind of filter and I loved it. It's easy to clean and came with the kit so it costs less than a K&N :nerd:

Plus like someone already said, where the filter is located a hydroshield isn't gonna come into use unless you plan on fording a river.

IMO I'd clean the old filter and save the money for other mods

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.