8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
2010 Acura CSX
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys and Girls,

I've got a 2010 CSX iTech with auto trans. I was getting ready for a trans fluid change with Amsoil's fluid, but noticed that the factory do have an external inline fluid filter running from the ATF cooler back to the trans housing. (see attached pic)
Does anyone know the Acura's parts number for it?
Is this the same as the one used in other Honda (Honda P/N 25430-PLR-003)? I think the newer ILX also use this part as well.

I plan to drain the ATF fluid via the drain plug, or suck it up using a pump from the fill hole, then remove the filter piping and replace the filter, reattached all the hoses and clamps and then refill the trans.
Does anyone change this before? any suggestion on how I should change it?

Text Diagram Line art Design Font

Thanks 馃槃

Registered
Hello Guys and Girls,

I've got a 2010 CSX iTech with auto trans. I was getting ready for a trans fluid change with Amsoil's fluid, but noticed that the factory do have an external inline fluid filter running from the ATF cooler back to the trans housing. (see attached pic)
Does anyone know the Acura's parts number for it?
Is this the same as the one used in other Honda (Honda P/N 25430-PLR-003)? I think the newer ILX also use this part as well.

I plan to drain the ATF fluid via the drain plug, or suck it up using a pump from the fill hole, then remove the filter piping and replace the filter, reattached all the hoses and clamps and then refill the trans.
Does anyone change this before? any suggestion on how I should change it?

View attachment 242970

Thanks 馃槃
Hello, I have the exact same question, have you figured it out yet? , I called up Acura and they said it doesn't have A/T filter, which didn't make sense to me.!

Registered
2010 Acura CSX
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The ATF filter is listed with the radiator hose in the parts diagram, under Electrical / Exhaust / Heater / Fuel section. The parts number is 25430-PLR-003 for my 2010 CSX. You might wanted to get the oil pipe clips as well if they're in bad shape. P/N is 90635-PT0-802 (clips P/N has been up dated to 90635-RV0-003. ). Check with your part dept to make sure they're current.

Registered
Thanks for the response bud,
I called acura and they said there is no transmission filter For acura csx, though I can literally see it following the diagram you shared, not sure what's the deal

Registered
2010 Acura CSX
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the response bud,
I called acura and they said there is no transmission filter For acura csx, though I can literally see it following the diagram you shared, not sure what's the deal
CSX with manual Trans do not have a filter, but I assume all CSX equipped with the 5 speed automatic has this filter. The ATF is cool by the lower section of the radiator, that is what been shown on the diagram above. The ATF filter is being held in place by 2 half shell with one bolt securing one of the removable half of the shell

Automotive lighting Building Font Parallel Engineering

Well the filter is very easy to spot under the hood between the rad and the engine. It is sitting very low near the splash guard. I tried to take a picture of it, hope you can make out what it is.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Grey Automotive exterior Auto part

Have the parts guy enter the P/N in their system and check? The P/N for the rubber oil hoses clip has been up dated to 90635-RV0-003.

By the way, if you needed to pick up some ATF, Honda no longer sell the Z1 ATF fluid since it is replacement by the DW1 full synthetic P/N CA66845

Hope this help

Registered
2010 Acura CSX
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
A word of precaution when buying the ATF filter, be very careful on where you got the filter as the Genuine Honda filter do have a by-pass mechanism in case the filter element is clogged up, versus the aftermarket no name brand or worst fake Honda parts that do not have such mechanism, which might leads to overheat oil or worst oil starvation for your much loved Civic or CSX auto trans, and prematurely worn it down!

I found the following interesting info on the web regarding this ATF filter in other Honda models, take a look for your own judgement.
"Elusive Honda Transmission filter C+P" by SOHCman

Registered
Thank you so much brother, I appreciate the time and effort you put to help everyone out, I will keep you posted.

Cheers

Registered
2010 Acura CSX
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much brother, I appreciate the time and effort you put to help everyone out, I will keep you posted.

Cheers
No problem brother, hope to help keep the CSX's on the road (y)

By the way, I have good new. Did the fluid and filter change last weekend and happy to report the above parts are correct. The hardest part for me is to get the filter off the hose since it has been there from the factory in 2010 o_O. Might post a DIY procedure later :giggle:

Registered
That's great man, have you noticed any difference in the way the car shifts, mine is litter jerky especially when it's cold I can feel it shifting?

Registered
2010 Acura CSX
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That's great man, have you noticed any difference in the way the car shifts, mine is litter jerky especially when it's cold I can feel it shifting?
The outside temperature now is above zero, so can't really tell if it helps with cold temp performance. However the shift action now seems smoother, most noticeable change is the reaction time during down shift, it seems a lot quicker with respecting to my gas pedal input.

Since I am using Amsoil signature Series Multi-Vehicle Synthetic ATF (Compatibles to Honda ATF-Z1) it might have help too (Amsoil do have a fuel efficient version slightly more expensive which is compatible to Honda DW-1, I might try it later to see if it increase gas mileage :)).

There is a lot of sediment found on the transmission magnetic drain plug, so I can imagine it must be really dirty inside. I might have to change the filter again during my next ATF change.

Registered
Just for those of you wonder the closer look at the ATF filter, here comes the one viewing from the bottom of the car. The filter is right above the front jack point.

Here is the close up shot of the ATF filter.

Attachments

Registered
2010 Acura CSX
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Bekomcar, that is the part. I've tried to use a twisting motion on the hose to break the hose rubber bonded to the filter, and then pull, since pull it straight doesn't seems to get it to move at all. Always inspect the remove hose to see if there is any tear or deterioration before reusing it.

Registered
2010 Acura CSX
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry if I missed something, but are you guys talking about the 2.0 or 1.8 engine?
Hi there, the CSX is a Canadian market only "Gen 8" sold in Canada only from 2006 to 2011. It got the standard "i-tech" with a K20Z2 (153hp) and "Type-S" with a K20Z3 (197hp) engine
We are talking about the standard "i-Tech" version equipped with a 5 speed automatic.
Here is some info at Wiki if you wanted to know more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts