8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which has the better pay off, i know they can't be used in conjunction with each other but wondering what you guys thing gives the best benefit, I already have a TBS but just curious.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Why not? I used to have TBS and Xintake before I sold the intake.
thats because your x-intake didnt use the air box...

They can be used together. I have both an AEM SRI and the TBS on right now. Since the CRV tube would flex you should have an even easier time than I did. :thumb:
how does your set-up have anything to do with his question..

stick with the spacer...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
you CAN'T use the CRV tube and TBS+TBG together with a stock airbox because the shortened distance between the TB and airbox because of the spacers. the CRV tube becomes squished and would be worse for performance than the stock tube.

my suggestions is TBS+TBG and custom intake tube using 2x 45degree silicone elbows.
does anyone actually read the original posts? or just want they want so they can regurgitate what someone has previously stated over and over again..

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
well maybe if we knew what his intake setup was we could give him better advice.
are you kidding? i mean...its pretty obvious to me he has a stock box and tbs...and would like to know if getting rid of the spacer in favor of the crv will net more power...thats just me though *shakes head*

oh!!! and he specifically stated he already knew they wont both fit..

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Just installed the CRV intake tube with stock air box and M&M scoop this weekend. The tube is a tight fit, you have to compress it some to get it to fit but it does fit. I was pretty impressed with the result's and compared to the stock tube it's decently larger which would deff. help airflow. The stock exhaust note increased and is more noticeable as well noticing a greater increase in throttle response. :dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
are you kidding? i mean...its pretty obvious to me he has a stock box and tbs...and would like to know if getting rid of the spacer in favor of the crv will net more power...thats just me though *shakes head*

both will get more power but cant be used together.

thats why i suggested custom tube. you can cut the silicone to fit just right. you'll also have an atleast 3" diameter tube which is bigger than the stock and CRV tube.

and what are you doing to help?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
How much performance gain are we talking about with the CRV tube vs stock tube?
Not anything spectacular but increasing airflow is always a plus! The most noticeable difference is in throttle response. It's far more touchy and responsive and the increase in sound is amazing. You can just here the ol' girl guzzling air! (with scoop and CRV Tube) :thumb:

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts

:clapping:

dude your the greatest.

axis technically they bot will give you the same performance. just stick with the TBS.

·
Registered
690 Posts
the crv tube is a waste. the inlet and outlet of the tube is smaller than the si's tube. that means less air velocity and amount of air coming in. it might have more volume, but its all about the pipe diameter at the end.

there is a picture of both tubes side by side, search for that one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.