8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks--I wouldn't be posting this if I wasn't absolutely baffled, so give me your two cents...

I seriously don't think the cruise control on my '06 Civic LX sedan is working. I've tried it at all kinds of speeds (above 25 mph, as the owner's manual states), but I get nothing. The "Cruise main" comes on when I hit the cruise button, but it never sets! Trust me, I'm no naive driver--and I just picked up the car on Saturday. Thoughts? I'm working or in classes allllll day tomorrow; otherwise I'd called the dealer. It's a stick, by the way...

·
Registered
38 Posts
You need to click the "Cruise Control" button to activate, ... Then you need to click on "set cruise".

Basically, the first button will turn on the light in the dash... then you need to set it in order for it to turn on.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Hahahaha

Owned by stupidity and a button.

No but seriously, press cruise, and the first one lights up, then press SET/Decel and it will set your speed.

Press Accel/Resume, and it will make you go up 1 mph, press cancel and it will turn it off, Then you can press Accel/Resume again to put you back at your last set speed.

Then press cruise main, and it will turn off the main cruise, plus it will clear the memory of your speed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nobody actually read my post. Thanks for the tips, all, but if you scroll up and read you'll realize that I *know* how to use it. After I've "turned on" the cruise control and "Cruise main" lights up, I can't set a speed and have the other "Cruise" light come up. It just doesn't work...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have the dealer check it out. I haven't had any problems with my manual. Cruise works great. My first civic the CD player didn't work. Sometimes they just have those quirks. Good Luck!

:) Kim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, thanks. I set up a service appointment for Saturday cuz the dealer's baffled by it, too. Other than that I friggin' love this car...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I should probably check this out because I don't use my own cruise control. Makes it easier to get into an accident.

·
Registered
30 Posts
funny thing with my cruise control is that i always thought that once you set a speed with a cruise control it held that speed to the mph, but mine feels free to drop 1 or 2 mph as time goes on. very odd, not a big deal though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
For my cruise control after I get the main cruise light to come on, I hold down the SET button fr like 2 seconds and then let go. I tried just clicking set and it didnt work so it may be the same thing for you...unless you have tried this already.

·
Registered
143 Posts
madbay said:
Nobody actually read my post. Thanks for the tips, all, but if you scroll up and read you'll realize that I *know* how to use it. After I've "turned on" the cruise control and "Cruise main" lights up, I can't set a speed and have the other "Cruise" light come up. It just doesn't work...

I think we all read your post. Maybe you didnt word it to sound as you intended. From what I gather from it, it sounds like you get to your speed, turn the cruise function on (thus get the "main" light) and leave it at that thinking you just set your cruise. You made no mention of also hitting the "set" button to actually set your speed. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts